Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
It starts with a short old school style text adventure section. It describes the situation and you are presented with few choices what to do. The whole section is maybe three choices. You choose ā€badlyā€ and you die. Then you start from the beginning again. I think there is exactly one combination of choices that ends in death. I managed to pick those...

After you successfully get through the text part the game turns on the graphic interface and you start character creation / tutorial

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Isn't there a TTRPG that allows for a chance of death during character creation? I kept trying to think of it at work last night.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I remember hearing of such a game. The character creation had a system where every feature you picked increased your characterā€™s age or something like that, I think. So if you went overkill, you killed yourself of old age. Not sure, never played it myself, just remember hearing about it.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Traveller. I had that happen with one of my first characters I ever created for that game. Each time you choose options to increase the depth and breadth of your PCā€™s background, there are possible positive or negative ancillary possibilities. Death is one possible outcome if your profession is dangerous.

So, for example, if you are a space marine or criminal of some kind, if you take Too many chances boosting your background, thereā€˜s a real chance your PC might not make it.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I had a morbid conversation with my mom the other day. She said she plans to go ahead and pay for her cremation and planned to pay for mine as well. šŸ˜³

I said I was ok with cremation. I had the idea of having my ashes turned into dice. The thought was it would be something for someone to remember me by in the form of something that talked about who I am. Would you want a d20 with someone's ashes in it?

Ulfgeir

Hero
I said I was ok with cremation. I had the idea of having my ashes turned into dice. The thought was it would be something for someone to remember me by in the form of something that talked about who I am. Would you want a d20 with someone's ashes in it?

Nope. I do have/had* friends though, who consistently rolled so badly that they joked about being cursed. so haunted dice would be right up their alley.

* one of them died last year. :(

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I noticed today the anchor strap I use for my resistance bands is damaging the door. I can see where the metal is bending. I'm going to have to back off those exercises, change spots where anchoring, and/or do less frequently.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I don't understand people. I was told about another coworker getting beaten. This was bad. Wrecked her car, broke a window, and beat her pretty bad. It seems this is not the first time. Why do people keep going back to abusive partners?

The one I mentioned the other day is back with her boyfriend.

It makes no sense.

Remove ads