Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
The drunk lady I mentioned earlier started off saying I looked like someone famous. She couldn't say who. "The big fat funny guy on In Living Color that did all the yelling" It's been so long since I've seen In Living Color. I had no idea who she was talking about. I'm thinking she meant Chris Farley. I loathe Chris Farley. He was NOT funny in the slightest. I have always hated people saying I look like him. Other than being obese we have nothing in common. I could chalk it up to all white guys look alike but I get it from white people too. She said she was paying me a compliment, I didn't see it that way.

My bad: After research, Jay Leggett (never heard of him) was on In Living Color. His appearance is closer to mine than Chris Farley. I'm so used to that comparison I assumed that's who she meant. Still I don't see being likened to another extremely over weight man as a compliment.
Tell me I look like Chris Pine, Brad Pitt, Ryan Reynolds, Jason Momoa. That's a compliment.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
In an actual play podcast of D&D the DM says the word hobgoblin but I hear hobnoblin. I picture goblins in tuxes and tophats with brandy and cigars. After thinking about it, that sounds more like a snobgoblin.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
And, speaking of, I’m in an Actual Play Stream this spring! We’ll start on next week’s sunday and play every two weeks. 5e conversion in Mass Effect universe. Unfortunately for you guys, it’ll be in finnish...

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Will you share a link anyway? Might be fun to check out.

My mom brought me a World of Warcraft wall calendar. She said it was from my niece and nephew. Those two know me so well. Sadly, January is the only month with Sylvanas Windrunner. And none of Jaina Proudmore.
It's a thoughtful gift. I'm lucky to have them in my life. 😁

Remove ads