Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Ulfgeir

Hero
I've been noticing something with increasing regularity. Concepts or phrases being repeated over and over. I'll use the impeachment as an example. I hear over and over you can't impeach someone not in office. Even when examples are given to the contrary. Those repeating these things have not learned from what has lead us to this point. That's the very thing that got us here. People are being conditioned to think only one way. People are being told what to think. I like the idea of teaching people how to think not what to think. I know it's been going on for centuries. Is now becoming so obvious and overt? Am I just waking up to it now?
Well one part is that we now are flooded by messages in ways that were undreamt of before, and people can connect wityh others that share their weird beliefs all over the world. But I agree, it has gone on forever, just that previous a lot of this disinformation came from the pulpit in churches (where those in power had captive audiences)..

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Yeah it's frightening how it seems the media/religious/political sources all say the same thing. It's becoming mantra like. There's a now infamous video of evangelist Paula White. In it at several times she appears to be stuck on repeat. Steady repetition over and over. I have no doubt it's designed that way.

We don't get news from outside the US as easily as we do from inside. Do you see the same thing in your country? Other parts of Europe? I know Qanon has spilled into other countries. Antivaxxers, antimaskers.

At times I listen to the BBC World Service radio when I'm working. It's night time for me and much of their stories seem to focus on South East Asia and Africa. I wonder if it's because it's day time for them. I'm always on the lookout for new sources of information. I do podcasts while I'm working because I spend so much time driving. I'd appreciate any suggestions on stuff I can listen too. I'm open to anything in English. lol

Last edited:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
And those suggestions can even be things I might disagree with. I haven't exactly shied away from sharing my views on things, so suggesting things I'll disagree with shouldn't be too hard.

Ulfgeir

Hero
Yeah it's frightening how it seems the media/religious/political sources all say the same thing. It's becoming mantra like. There's a now infamous video of evangelist Paula White. In it at several times she appears to be stuck on repeat. Steady repetition over and over. I have no doubt it's designed that way.

We don't get news from outside the US as easily as we do from inside. Do you see the same thing in your country? Other parts of Europe? I know Qanon has spilled into other countries. Antivaxxers, antimaskers.
In some cases yes. Yes, we have unfortunately quite a lot of antivaxxers here, and anti maskers. We might not have as many Qanon-folk here, but we do have our fair share of nutcasess. I mean almost every day in the shopping mall right next to where my work is located (I have to go through it to get to and from the bus) I see at least one, somethimes both of the persons with obvious mental problems who spend their time there holding up signs with weird conspiracy-ideas. They don't force thmselves on others and are rather harmless. One of my friends who is a doctor in psychiatry, and deals with the mentally ill for a living, has spoken to one of them.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Have you seen the iconic movie, which the game comes from? Salute of the Jugger Also known as The Blood of Heroes.

Probably my fifth or sixth favorite Rutger Hauer film...

I honestly can't remember anymore, but I may well have actually seen it in a theater.

Last edited:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Yep. It's the water cooler here at Dunder Mifflin. Also seems to be the place folks come by and make that very statement then never come back.
You're welcome to sit a spell and spin a yarn of your own. We only bite with full consent.

Remove ads