Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Not a good sign when you open the box and see this.
20210422_165008.jpg

Inside the case.

20210422_165136.jpg

20210422_165151.jpg

I'm not even sure about the rest of the product. It's enough to give a poor review with just this.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
It's a barbecue tool kit. You're right about the first one. The second one is where the lining had been torn. The last is the grill liner in plastic that has holes in it. Maybe I'm being critical. The logo under the plastic on the front appears to be scratched. All the damage could be just from transport, but it looks used. If it's used they should have clarified that.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
i've been watching To Catch a Smuggler and my first thought was drugs in some form lol
There’s a story about a finnish smuggler from the ’70s or so. I doubt it is true but it is a good story.

Every monday this finnish man cycles to the Soviet border with a backpack full of sand. He tells the border guard that he is a smuggler and they search him, but carrying sand is not illegal so they let him pass. Next day he walks back to Finland with his backpack full of sand. This goes on for a decade and he becomes friends with guards, but they never catch him carrying anything but sand, despite him telling them every time that he is a smuggler. The man gets old and after his last visit he tells the border guards that he will retire now and never intends to return. As he crosses the border the Soviet guard shouts after him to finally tell him what it is that he has smuggled all these years. The man shouts back: ”Bicycles!”

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
There’s a story about a finnish smuggler from the ’70s or so. I doubt it is true but it is a good story.

Every monday this finnish man cycles to the Soviet border with a backpack full of sand. He tells the border guard that he is a smuggler and they search him, but carrying sand is not illegal so they let him pass. Next day he walks back to Finland with his backpack full of sand. This goes on for a decade and he becomes friends with guards, but they never catch him carrying anything but sand, despite him telling them every time that he is a smuggler. The man gets old and after his last visit he tells the border guards that he will retire now and never intends to return. As he crosses the border the Soviet guard shouts after him to finally tell him what it is that he has smuggled all these years. The man shouts back: ”Bicycles!”
I heard a similar one, but the punchline was “Briefcases!”

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.

I was riveted from the beginning. The story was so tense. I never saw the twist coming. I did pick up on the walking back but thought it was a red herring. Nice way to subvert expectations. I cant wait for the follow up.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I see chicken marinade recipes that use vinegar. I don't have vinegar. I do have dill pickle juice. Could I use it? I'm trying to come up with a marinade using things I have at home already. I have
Vegetable oil
Dill pickle juice
Salt
Pepper
Minced garlic
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Some mixed seasoning containers (Mexican, Italian, Mediterranean)

Remove ads