Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I want to roll up a cat folk wizard. A nekomancer, if you will.
I thought nekomancer would have gotten more of a reaction. What do you think, a summoner that specializes in summoning felines? I can picture the spell backfiring and summoning a dog that chases the cat folk up a tree.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
A toilet in my place had been clogged. We tried everything. My brother-in-law replaced it with a new one. After the fact he found the clog. Turns out it was a dinosaur. A brachiosaurus in fact. Nonetheless, the guest bathroom has a working toilet now.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
A toilet in my place had been clogged. We tried everything. My brother-in-law replaced it with a new one. After the fact he found the clog. Turns out it was a dinosaur. A brachiosaurus in fact. Nonetheless, the guest bathroom has a working toilet now.
Well, at least you didn't have to hire someone else to do the work for you. My HVAC teacher works for a residential HVAC company and has worked for several others and I guess part of what they attempt to get you to do is buy stuff. Now, the more reputable companies will at least be legitimate in what they're trying to charge you for, but the prices are still ridiculous. Like $100 for a $3 capacitor. But the problem is that most people don't know what capacitors are for or how to change them out, so part of what you're paying is for the expertise rather than simply for the part. Because apparently if the company never sold anything, they would lose money. Which seems unlikely, but he recommended that if you don't like the sales aspect of it, you should do commercial HVAC rather than residential. Although from the teacher says, he's a lot more lenient on that kind of thing, but there's still limits of his leniency simply because of his work place.

So now I see someone did something with their house and my thoughts are now "how much would a professional charge for that vs how much would I save by doing it myself?" and "I wonder if I could do that". Cause I owned a house for a couple years before I lost it and I didn't know anything and had no confidence of being able to do anything and even though I feel like I'm constantly lost in this class, I also have a weird confidence that I could figure most stuff out if only I apply myself. Which is probably dangerous and asking for trouble. Hah.

Anyway, late night rambling cause I can't sleep (and have a couple of online quizzes I need to take... electric diagrams... ugh... even though extremely useful knowledge to have!). Later and good night!

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I had a HVAC guy replace the duct work. He charged $375. I thought it was reasonable enough. You're right though, he probably over charged. I looked at it this way, I ain't climbing under this place. I'll pay what seems reasonable for someone who knows what he's doing to do it.

I want to hire an electrician to come in to put the microwave on its own breaker. I can't have anything else on the same circuit on and run the microwave. I know it's something I couldn't do myself. I'm wanting to learn to do more, but I'm staying away from electricity.

Remove ads