Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I like the visuals in the live action Cowboy Bebop. The acting is ok. The dialog is awful. If it gets a second season I hope they hire new writers that know how to write dialog.

so, I managed to kill my game twice due to modding issues, here is my current character. I really like the hair on her.
The Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2021.11.22 - 02.44.40.11.png

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I like the visuals in the live action Cowboy Bebop. The acting is ok. The dialog is awful. If it gets a second season I hope they hire new writers that know how to write dialog.
I've watched several episodes of the show. I honestly am not sure if I have never watched it or it was so long ago that I don't remember enough of the show to know anything about it anymore. So I'm basically coming in brand new and honestly, it's not amazing, but overall I'm enjoying it. One of my friends started watching it and apparently couldn't make it through the first episode. He was like "ugh, police station". I'm like "dude, they're bounty hunters collecting criminals and one of the two is an ex-cop... did you really think they were never going to step into a police station at all?" Now, other explanations I could accept, but it just seems a weird thing to be nitpicky on. It's like he wanted it to fail and found a reason, as terrible as the reason was.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I had a HVAC guy replace the duct work. He charged $375. I thought it was reasonable enough. You're right though, he probably over charged. I looked at it this way, I ain't climbing under this place. I'll pay what seems reasonable for someone who knows what he's doing to do it.

I want to hire an electrician to come in to put the microwave on its own breaker. I can't have anything else on the same circuit on and run the microwave. I know it's something I couldn't do myself. I'm wanting to learn to do more, but I'm staying away from electricity.
I admit I don't know a LOT about the pricing, but I feel like that actually isn't terrible. Trades jobs are simply expensive with the hourly rate regardless of any factors. I have a friend who is an electrician and I forget the exact rate that he would charge people, but it's ridiculously high. So I imagine a couple of hours worth of work + materials would be at least a few hundred bucks.

I'm interested to see how ductwork actually is. I can't remember if I'll be taking that next semester or if that's a next year type of thing, but I look forward to it either way. :)

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Oh, and related to tv shows, the Wheel of Time series started over the weekend. Three episodes out. As someone who has read through the series several times, it's definitely a surprise to see how certain things and people are portrayed. However, overall, it's not bad. I hope it is successful and will be completed because there are a lot of awesome things about the books and I can only hope we get to see them. Amazon apparently is already filming season 2, but who knows if it'll go 3+.

Mad_Jack

Legend
I come from one of those families where home repair knowledge was passed down as part of my childhood, lol.
Nothing I'd ever list on a resume, but there aren't many things I haven't done at least once or twice, from moderately advanced plumbing and carpentry to basic wiring to hanging drywall to tiling a floor. Unless a particular task requires advanced knowledge or training, I'm confident in my ability to pick up any needed skills or knowledge I don't already have by reading a book or spending some time online researching.
(About the only things I don't have any practical experience in or knowledge of are car repair (beyond changing the oil and fixing a flat) and welding, as I've never really had a need to acquire those skills.)
I usually try to stay away from electrical stuff more complicated than taking out an existing device and reconnecting the wires to the new one, but on the other hand, I'm not really afraid to try something more complicated - if it's got instructions, I can do it.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
My dad tried to pass on his fit it knowledge. I wasn't having it. I've picked up a few things over the years so I'm not totally useless around the house. I see the wisdom in knowing how to do some things. I'm just not that knowledgeable. I am a better cook than he was though. 😛

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
This morning I swapped out a broken interior door handle on my car. It took me something like 6 hours total, approximately...
  • 1.0 hours spent watching youtube videos,
  • 4.5 hours spent prying out one little pin in the window crank, and
  • 0.5 hours to do the actual repair.
I am not a handy person, lol. But it got all done and back in working order-- with no parts left over. :cool:

Remove ads