Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Mad_Jack

Legend
They used to have an Au Bon Pain store in the local mall years ago. However, it was in one of the really really small spaces at the edge of the food court (as in, about a twelve-ft. storefront), and only served overpriced pastries and coffee. None of which was really all that good...
I personally never saw the point of it, but I guess a lot of folks working in the mall ate there.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
One thing I definitely miss about living in Germany as opposed to my native USA is the ubiquity of places with a good continental breakfast.

I’ve been to continental breakfasts here, and there always seems to be at least one weak element. Subpar butter. Few options on breads. Jams/jellies/preserves being meh or nonexistent. They usually do ok with the quality of the hot coffee or tea, but often don’t have hot chocolate available. Juice options are minimal.

It’s not like we always had them when we lived there. We lived on an American military base, so breakfasts were usually typical American fare. But every time we were off base for breakfast, be it on a trip or just for local adventures, the continental breakfasts were always killer.

And that lack has kind of translated into similarly disappointing offerings in coffee shops & the like. We’re seeing a rise in the number of euro style and Korean bakeries, however, so who knows?

Mad_Jack

Legend
There aren't any good places to get breakfast around here - Dunkin Donuts used to be passable, but the food's not that great anymore and hella expensive, and McD's was never all that great and just as expensive these days.
You have to go to one of the local non-chain diners to get anything resembling breakfast now at a decent price.

Y'know, I wonder if maybe I should open up an all-day breakfast place or maybe a mini-diner in the food court at the mall... I could do take-out versions of the standard diner stuff, and keep the prices relatively decent... I think folks would go for it.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I saw a man vacuuming the SIDEWALK. And he was doing it with great zeal and gusto. He was walking up the sidewalk pushing and pulling on the vacuum, the hose dangling, dragging along. He bent over to pick up stuff the vacuum didn't.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
A guy I work with has a junk removal company. I hired him. He didn't show up on the scheduled day. Was more than two hours late the next day. They did get the junk removed. I think he over charged. He sent me a link to to provide a review on Google. I'm not sure what to say. When they finally showed they did a fine job. I'm not sure I can give a wholly positive review.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
A guy I work with has a junk removal company. I hired him. He didn't show up on the scheduled day. Was more than two hours late the next day. They did get the junk removed. I think he over charged. He sent me a link to to provide a review on Google. I'm not sure what to say. When they finally showed they did a fine job. I'm not sure I can give a wholly positive review.
Since you know the owner personally, talk to them directly first. Something may have happened he’s not aware of.

After that, whatever review you might leave- if any- you’ll leave with clarity.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
My nephew called me last week to ask if there were any routes he could drive at work. His regular job was shutting down his production line for several days. He wouldn't be paid during the down time so he wanted something to do to make some money. That's such a mature thing for a 19 year old to do. I was so proud. His sister has been riding with him the last couple of nights. She might take over for him when he goes back to his regular job. I got to take them to meet a few of the people I work with. They're little(because they're short 😛) adults now. I feel old lol, proud of them but old. 👴

Remove ads