Hard Sun - enforcing the law as the end of the world approaches

eden_w

First Post
I couldn't tell you whose science is right, but I read a short story with a related theme. The twist at the end might relate and explain why Morrus is wrong, we're not all dead yet...

these scientists publish this clever article about the expanding nature of the universe, are set to receive a nobel prize. Then one of them drops out, takes up living on the beach, then another, moves out the mountains, and so on. They all say "talk to XYZ." as their reason. So the lead scientiest finally catches up to XYZ (the guy who these other scientists all talked to and then dropped everything to relax on beaches, marry the one who got away, etc).

XYZ turns out he was set to be a famous scientist 10-20 years ago. He explains that, the other alternative to the universe expanding, is that Earth, the Sun, are being pulled into a black hole, and they are experiencing slowed time, while the rest of the universe is not, and thus appears to be expanding.
Do you know what this story is called? Sounds like an awesome read!

eden_w

First Post
I couldn't tell you whose science is right, but I read a short story with a related theme. The twist at the end might relate and explain why Morrus is wrong, we're not all dead yet...

these scientists publish this clever article about the expanding nature of the universe, are set to receive a nobel prize. Then one of them drops out, takes up living on the beach, then another, moves out the mountains, and so on. They all say "talk to XYZ." as their reason. So the lead scientiest finally catches up to XYZ (the guy who these other scientists all talked to and then dropped everything to relax on beaches, marry the one who got away, etc).

XYZ turns out he was set to be a famous scientist 10-20 years ago. He explains that, the other alternative to the universe expanding, is that Earth, the Sun, are being pulled into a black hole, and they are experiencing slowed time, while the rest of the universe is not, and thus appears to be expanding.
Do you know what the story is called? Sounds like an awesome read!

Remove ads