• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hardest Spider in the World

Horatio

First Post
Sorry, I just can't resist

154_health_bar_spider.jpg

meh.ro3898.jpg

Jimlock

Adventurer
Spider Climb
Transmutation
Level: Drd 2, Sor/Wiz 2
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 10 min./level
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)
The subject can climb and travel on vertical surfaces or even traverse ceilings as well as a spider does. The affected creature must have its hands free to climb in this manner. The subject gains a climb speed of 20 feet; furthermore, it need not make Climb checks to traverse a vertical or horizontal surface (even upside down). A spider climbing creature retains its Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) while climbing, and opponents get no special bonus to their attacks against it. It cannot, however, use the run action while climbing.

Material Component
A drop of bitumen and a live spider, both of which must be eaten by the subject.

ok... I'm NOT memorizing this spell ever again...EVER..!!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Effectively, when confronted by even a pony-sized or larger spider, the caster can attempt to magically consume it.

Why wuss out? Make 'em TAKE it down! First defeat it, then eat it!

*munch munch munch*
"Ok,"
*munch munch munch*
"just a few more feet of this thing"
*burp*
"and I'll be ready to climb into the keep and open the door from within."

"Ehhhh, don't bother...we already rescued the princess."

*ptooie*
"What? Aw c'mon!"

RainOfSteel

Explorer
ok... I'm NOT memorizing this spell ever again...EVER..!!
I hope that spell never gets a live-action version that asks people to act out using the material components, because nobody is ever going to get me to eat a spider, not even on Survivor Man or Dual Survivor. Forget it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads