Unearthed Arcana Has any one played a Unearthed Arcana subclass?

Have you ever played a sub class from Unearthed Arcana?

Shiroiken

Legend
There are two reasons why I've not seen them in play. Mostly it's because DMs (including myself) are hesitant to allow "rough" mechanics into the game, where they might upset the game. Additionally, we tend to have long running campaigns, so character turnover is very low (my current campaign has had only 1 permanent death in almost 2 years).

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
I suggested UA classes for a couple of my players, they opted against them. I don't mind "rough" mechanics, myself; I do enough twiddling with stuff anyway.

But I have only three players, by choice, and this is a long term campaign, so nothing is going to change anytime soon.

Aldarc

Legend
I have never seen them played at my table, at least as-written. More often I see players who wish for a "character/thematic concept like X in UA" that results in the player and I sitting down together to homebrew something else.

I'm currently playing an Artificer Wizard in a CoS game. Also in the party are a Hunter Ranger using the UA rules, and there was a Monster Hunter Fighter.

In another game I'm in, one character is playing a Beastmaster Ranger using the UA rules as well.

guachi

Hero
I've used the swashbuckler and spell-less ranger in my games as NPCs. No player has chosen them, probably because they were unfamiliar with the rules and stuck with what was in the rulebook.

ccs

41st lv DM
No, but that doesn't mean I won't at some point in the future.
For my 1st 3 characters there weren't any UA sub-class options yet.
I forget if there were any by the time CoS came out. Regardless there was already something that fit my warlock in the PHB so I didn't really look....

Remove ads