Has anyone cancelled their D&D Beyond subscription as a protests over the OGL?

ECMO3

Hero
Can't cancel something I never had.

Roll20 has been perfect enough to host and play D&D on.
Roll 20 is so much better than DDB. I can put anything I want in Roll 20 and don't have to buy anything to do it. I can just copy it from my paper book on to my character sheet.

With DDB you can't put any custom content in there, nor any core content unless you have purchased it.

Roll20 is as flexible as a paper character sheet.

akr71

Hero
I sincerely plan to, but I'm hoping to finish my current campaign first. I may have to tell players to download their characters and go back to paper.

Steel_Wind

Legend
No, but I will not be buying more books there for the foreseeable future. I probably would have picked up 2 or 3 during the course of 2023 (because that's what I do by default - I buy gaming stuff!) but I won't be doing that now in the coming year.

If I strike a Picard like pose and declare "this far, no further!", I can pretend that sounds combative and fierce, right?

No?

Truth is, I already changed my gaming system earlier in 2022. To do it again would be exhausting, disruptive (and likely too difficult) for me to try in the next 12-18 months.

But after that? Oh yes. Sure. Can do.

Roll 20 is so much better than DDB. I can put anything I want in Roll 20 and don't have to buy anything to do it. I can just copy it from my paper book on to my character sheet.

With DDB you can't put any custom content in there, nor any core content unless you have purchased it.

Roll20 is as flexible as a paper character sheet.
You can do custom content on Beyond.

Remove ads