D&D 5E "Has anyone converted (x) to 5e?"

... The Dhampir -is- the Elven, Halfling, Dwarf, Gnome, Halfling, Dragonborn, Half-Orc, Tabaxi vampire.

Lineages in 5e are applied as a Template over a race that wipes out some, but not all, of the base race's abilities. An Elven Dhampir is different from a Halfling Dhampir.

Well I haven't read it so I can't comment as to the contents, but I guess as long as it preserves the intent of the 2e originals (ie, the hideous daywalking elf vampires, the humourless, arthritis-inducing gnomish vampires etc) they should be fine, though i do find it totally weird that they have decided to call them dhampirs.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
From 3e:
  • traps crafting/setting
  • 5-levels prestige classes (I'd prefer if, in 5e, they were made to increases the weight of Backgrounds or Races in the character development)

From 4e:
  • martial ''rituals'' (I dont remember the name)
  • 4e style rituals for spellcasters.
  • martial cantrips/at-wills to replace extra attacks.

Voadam

Legend
... The Dhampir -is- the Elven, Halfling, Dwarf, Gnome, Halfling, Dragonborn, Half-Orc, Tabaxi vampire.

Lineages in 5e are applied as a Template over a race that wipes out some, but not all, of the base race's abilities. An Elven Dhampir is different from a Halfling Dhampir.
That is different. 5e Dhampir are the 2e and 3e Dhampir.

The specific vampire breeds of 2e and 3e are different and not in 5e's Van Richten Guide.

The various races of Shadow Rift Sidhe are not in the book either, I don't see the Shadow Rift under domains either.

Van Richten's gives some options to use Dhampir and Hexblood and Risen as representing different things, but it is more a reskinning option for alt origins and not the old other stuff.

Voadam

Legend
What things are there from previous edition that you'd love to see converted to 5e, but that you just haven't worked out how to do yourself? What things, in other words, would you like to see other peoples' versions of?
A decent guide for converting CR and EL from 3e/PF1e to 5e so that the metric ton of old modules and adventure paths can generally be used easily for similar party challenges with swapped in 5e monsters.

I am sure one exists but I have just been going with other people's full module conversions and some equal CR monsters so far when using old modules.

Warlord class.

Pathfinder specific monsters.

I grab tons of monster stuff and I usually interested in more.

The specific vampire breeds of 2e and 3e are different and not in 5e's Van Richten Guide.

The various races of Shadow Rift Sidhe are not in the book either, I don't see the Shadow Rift under domains either.

Van Richten's gives some options to use Dhampir and Hexblood and Risen as representing different things, but it is more a reskinning option for alt origins and not the old other stuff.

Ok, that's what I thought initially, steampunkette's post made get very confused, particularly about how a dhampir had suddenly changed into something completely different in 5E from previous editions.

The Shadow Rift is gone thanks to the "reimagining", I'd grab a copy of the Gazeteer Vol 5 or Van Richtens Guide to Shadow Fey if you can find them on ebay and convert them yourself.

AmerginLiath

Adventurer
I guess knights of Solamnia. I keep thinking about how to do it and so far have come up with different ways without settling on one.
  • Oath and the Measure. Paladin oath, and make the different orders a roleplaying component, perhaps a faction like from Ravnica.
  • Separate oaths: Oath of the Crown, Oath of the Sword, Oath of the Rose.
  • Oath and the Measure II. As you increase in level and reach a new subclass level, you can choose to move up to the next order gaining a different ability at that level.
  • Knights of Solamnia Faction. Just like the Ravnica factions. Accepts warriors (fighters, paladins, rangers) and has different faction benefits based on your reputation within the faction. I'd even be willing to limit the orders so that only those with spellcasting ability can move into the knights of the sword, and only those with paladin levels (or perhaps a specific paladin ability like the aura) can move into the knights of the rose. Also accepts wizards of the white robes (the wizardly orders are a whole other thing to figure out) into the auxiliary order of the kingfisher.
I’ve thought about the same. The way I’ve considered it is to have a Knight of Solamnia fighter subclass which gains set abilities at Level 3 per entry as a Crown Knight, but has a set for options for Levels 7, 10, 15, and/or 18 for the three suborders, similar to how some of the Barbarian subclasses work, for example (one of those levels could be an ability shared by all again). I figure that it’s technically not important to fully silo the list of options, as a Rose Knight might have a Crown Knight or Sword Knight ability along the way to differentiate him from his fellows — a given campaign would just enforce the “you’re a Crown Knight, don’t take these particular choices without a story reason” ruling. I of course haven’t figured out which abilities or how many abilities are involved (including the spellcasting question for Sword Knight — or whether they simply can gain a “you can cast X spell PB times per LR” ability option).

the Jester

Legend

The racial vampires from 2e are entirely different from what you're talking about. They have specific, race-appropriate, VERY CREEPY abilities that pretty well define them. And they aren't intended as a pc option any more than a full vampire is (though you can allow it, of course).

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter

The racial vampires from 2e are entirely different from what you're talking about. They have specific, race-appropriate, VERY CREEPY abilities that pretty well define them. And they aren't intended as a pc option any more than a full vampire is (though you can allow it, of course).
Yeah... uh... 'kay.

Feels like that's just a Vampire you make a special ability for, to me. Or in the case of elves: Don't even -make- a special ability, just take away a weakness.

Remove ads