Has anyone found themselves becoming a worse player?

Gentlegamer

Adventurer
wolf70 said:
As Kalendraf said, when playing I tend to become the DM's worse nightmare. Not in the way he said, but in that I become mischievous. Mind you, I have had some pretty negative experiences that drove me away from wanting to be on the outside of the screen. I had a HORRIBLE DM in 1982-83 who bordered on abusive to his players (to the point of locking them in the gaming room and verbally abusing us and only unlocking the door if we LARP'ed our characters singing silly songs, dancing, giving flowers to NPC's, etc. as punishment for making a mistake during character creation or doing something dumb in character during a session or just on a whim) I sometimes wonder why I stayed with the game.
Methinks you should forward this story to Kenzer & Co. so they can write a Knights of the Dinner Table strip about it!

The longer I play, the more I want to play strange and unusual characters. I’m never intentionally disruptive, but I’ve become the guy who wants to play the Lizardman Bard with a pet parrot or something similar.

Remove ads