• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Has Anyone Seen the Following Builds?

Voadam

Legend
I played a fighter eldritch knight 3 wizard x in a curse of strand game. The party had made an ally of a wizard who had been betrayed and turned into a flesh golem and so I played her when I joined and that was the mechanical class chassis to get close for pc mechanics. Originally it was fighter 2 wizard x with two weapon fighting narratively as golem fist slams and armor as golem toughness.

Voadam

Legend
this one seems the oddest to me, what is eldritch knight 6 giving you that would not make more sense as blade singer 6 fighter 2?

caster level is 4 on f6/w2 but 6 on w6/f2 I have seen people take level 3 in the fighter just so they can get an extra pt out of second wind an extra d10 HD and the caster level from ek3. but taking more then 3 levels seems out of this world.
EK 6 gives you the second attack with full wizard list spell options over an ek list. Being down 4 caster levels is big but adding more caster to a decent EK base can be nice.

EK 6 gives you the second attack with full wizard list spell options over an ek list. Being down 4 caster levels is big but adding more caster to a decent EK base can be nice.
blade singer gives you that same extra attack though, the only difference is HP/HD/Second Wind Value, and those spells, that again the wizard blade singer 6 is adding more to the fighter 2 then the fighter eldritch knight 6 wizard blade singer 2 is.

Zardnaar

Legend
blade singer gives you that same extra attack though, the only difference is HP/HD/Second Wind Value, and those spells, that again the wizard blade singer 6 is adding more to the fighter 2 then the fighter eldritch knight 6 wizard blade singer 2 is.

It's just a pure warrior build. 6 fighter gives you another asi. Other MC builds that splash a few levels miss out on asis at certain levels.

You can also use your EK levels to smite and Ek and Pakadin levels stack for new spell slots.

Cruentus

Adventurer
I played a F2/W14 in a HoDQ/STK campaign for around 2 real time years. Iirc, 114 Hp, high AC due to armor, and the action surge was great for that extra casting. I also made the mistake of doing Necromancer, but ended up just a straight Wizard for all intents and purposes. Was, for all intents, the most powerful member of the party. Only the Totem Barbarian was close, and it came down to Init and Saves head to head.

I found it, frankly, to also be a bit overwhelming, all of the spells, bonus actions, reactions, species abilities, cantrips, feats, etc. It didn’t have the ‘wizard‘ feel I was hoping for, and was basically a set piece by set piece blaster or controller. All I needed to do was shut down the monster or whatever for one round, and the rest of the party smooshed it. The campaign was ultimately rather anticlimactic.

I also don’t think the F2 part was that powerful, aside from the extra couple of HP at first level, and a high Con made it easier for concentration checks. I did it more for theme and background (soldier) than in-game power,

Zardnaar

Legend
I played a F2/W14 in a HoDQ/STK campaign for around 2 real time years. Iirc, 114 Hp, high AC due to armor, and the action surge was great for that extra casting. I also made the mistake of doing Necromancer, but ended up just a straight Wizard for all intents and purposes. Was, for all intents, the most powerful member of the party. Only the Totem Barbarian was close, and it came down to Init and Saves head to head.

I found it, frankly, to also be a bit overwhelming, all of the spells, bonus actions, reactions, species abilities, cantrips, feats, etc. It didn’t have the ‘wizard‘ feel I was hoping for, and was basically a set piece by set piece blaster or controller. All I needed to do was shut down the monster or whatever for one round, and the rest of the party smooshed it. The campaign was ultimately rather anticlimactic.

I also don’t think the F2 part was that powerful, aside from the extra couple of HP at first level, and a high Con made it easier for concentration checks. I did it more for theme and background (soldier) than in-game power,

Yeah its the bladesinger Parr that poor gas on it and using shadow blade spell.

greg kaye

Explorer
... Eldritch Knight 6, Bladesinger 2
... Eldritch Knight 6/Paladin xyz ...
I've not known people play Eldritch Knight.
Maybe it's just the options chosen but players that have wanted to play a magical fighter have opted for Rune or Echo Knight while those who have wanted to play a fighting wizard have opted for Bladesinger.

Zardnaar

Legend
I've not known people play Eldritch Knight.
Maybe it's just the options chosen but players that have wanted to play a magical fighter have opted for Rune or Echo Knight while those who have wanted to play a fighting wizard have opted for Bladesinger.

No surprise I think the EK requires a bit of system mastery.

I did a hexblade dip on my bardsorlockadin, but only for completeness’ sake. I do think that technically qualifies.

I’ve also played a more traditional (PHB only) sorcadin, and hexblade dipped a bard (which I later removed with divine help. Was not worth it.)

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
I did a hexblade dip on my bardsorlockadin, but only for completeness’ sake. I do think that technically qualifies.

I’ve also played a more traditional (PHB only) sorcadin, and hexblade dipped a bard (which I later removed with divine help. Was not worth it.)
Goodness gracious, splitting yourself between four classes? Sounds like a nightmare, even if the Hexblade was only a single level.

Remove ads