• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Has Anyone Seen the Following Builds?

Goodness gracious, splitting yourself between four classes? Sounds like a nightmare, even if the Hexblade was only a single level.
It’s shockingly mediocre; you can smite, you have like 9 cantrips, you’re almost entirely charisma based, and after a while you get really good at counterspelling.

The concept was an eladrin swordmage who would switch styles as she switched seasons; in practice the season didn’t have much impact. If I wanted to play her again I’d create a custom subclass.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
I've seen several Hexblade Warlock/Paladins, and also just Paladin/Warlock multi-classes in general. I have also seen Divine Soul Sorcerers/Clerics as well.

Cruentus

Adventurer
No surprise I think the EK requires a bit of system mastery.
We had an eldritch knight in our HoDQ/SKT campaign played by a player who prefers simple straightforward builds in general. He played a Drow Eldritch Knight specialized/feats in crossbow (augmented by Artificier infusions), where, after awhile, he rarely, rarely missed multiple shots with his crossbow, and did reasonable damage, plus poisons, and the spell usage was more a ‘for fun’ or backup sort of thing.

Zardnaar

Legend
We had an eldritch knight in our HoDQ/SKT campaign played by a player who prefers simple straightforward builds in general. He played a Drow Eldritch Knight specialized/feats in crossbow (augmented by Artificier infusions), where, after awhile, he rarely, rarely missed multiple shots with his crossbow, and did reasonable damage, plus poisons, and the spell usage was more a ‘for fun’ or backup sort of thing.

Yeah that build might gave been better as a different build. Still any figher+cbe works well enough.

Fighter 2/Wizard xyz
Sure, until they took extra levels in fighter because the party needed more melee.

But even when it was F2 it worked out just fine. Though note the group was not maximizers, and though they could outclass the daily encounters per the DMG, it was mainly from strong tactics and working together, not min/max builds.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Never seen any of these, they mostly come up as theorycrafting on the internet than as actual builds amongst my circles of players.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Yep, I've seen a Fighter 2 dip on a Wizard (Abjurer). I've also seen that two-level Fighter dip on a Warlock (Hexblade) and a Paladin (Oath of the Ancients), too. The Action Surge is just too good to pass up, I guess?

Zardnaar

Legend
Yep, I've seen a Fighter 2 dip on a Wizard (Abjurer). I've also seen that two-level Fighter dip on a Warlock (Hexblade) and a Paladin (Oath of the Ancients), too. The Action Surge is just too good to pass up, I guess?

Yeah. I think that's the Elritch Knight/Paladin.

If you really need to nova action surge, 4 attacks and smites.

Remove ads