WotC Hasbro CEO Chris Cox, "I would say that the underlying thesis of our D&D business is all about digital,”

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Mod Note:

There was some excessive snark, personal digs, and certain accusations a few pages back that seem to have died down at this point. Let’s NOT return to those posting habits.

darjr

I crit!
Lots of video games I've never opened?
Guilty as charged. Mainly they are GOG games or old classics that when they go on sale I grab em. I'll play em some day.

But I was hooked by that playstation plus thing way back when and at first the games were neat but then they were games I just wasn't interested in but grabbed anyway cause they were available for only a short time. I dunno why really. I only ever really played one or two games. Ratchet games, and early versions of Dead Island.

Mirtek

Hero
I bet that 25% number, if at all accurate, is heavily skewed toward sale and bundle games.
I so wish it were for me. I have bought and installed BG3, but I have yet to launch it. It's just so big and daunting you see.

I mean I just finally continued to watch Demon Slayer and am right in season 3. So I should obviously finish that first.

And did you know that The Dragon Prince also dropped a new season? And oooh, I only need to watch only 2 more MCU films plus one series on Disney+ and then I am actually once again fully up to date on the MCU!

Also youtube recently started to recommend me vids from a show called The Owl House. And I made the misstake to watch a few of them and that looks really intriguing. It's even already completed and all seasons are on Disney+ too!!! Can't take me that long to also completely consume that, can it?

When will I ever find time to start something as huge as BG3? :(

I guess even if I win the lottery today and can allocate close to 100% of my time to leisure activities, I still won't have enough to actually consume everything I already have available and vying for my attention (and that's not even accounting for new stuff that would then become available to me with all that money)

PS: Hm, Genshin Impact just dropped a huge new patch with a brand new area too. Poor me :)

Scribe

Legend
I so wish it were for me. I have bought and installed BG3, but I have yet to launch it. It's just so big and daunting you see.

I mean I just finally continued to watch Demon Slayer and am right in season 3. So I should obviously finish that first.

And did you know that The Dragon Prince also dropped a new season? And oooh, I only need to watch only 2 more MCU films plus one series on Disney+ and then I am actually once again fully up to date on the MCU!

Also youtube recently started to recommend me vids from a show called The Owl House. And I made the misstake to watch a few of them and that looks really intriguing. It's even already completed and all seasons are on Disney+ too!!! Can't take me that long to also completely consume that, can it?

When will I ever find time to start something as huge as BG3? :(

I guess even if I win the lottery today and can allocate close to 100% of my time to leisure activities, I still won't have enough to actually consume everything I already have available and vying for my attention (and that's not even accounting for new stuff that would then become available to me with all that money)

PS: Hm, Genshin Impact just dropped a huge new patch with a brand new area too. Poor me :)

This is a real issue. I've dropped everything else in my 'for fun' pile for BG3 at the moment.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I've said this every few years, but I'd really like to see them more strongly identify the crunch as its own thing that can be updated edition to edition while keeping the lore mostly its own, and then adding lore to existing places rather than just regurgitating lore written before I was born.
Or "updating" lore to meet designer's/corporation's standards of the month.

Remove ads