• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Hasbro CEO Chris Cocks Would Like To Explore Kara-Tur

Hasbro CEO plays in an Eastern Adventures D&D campaign.

Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 11.54.35.png

According to Reddit poster bwrusso, who was in a small group investor meeting with Hasbro CEO Chris Cocks last week, Hasbro's CEO (who was previously President of Wizards of the Coast before being promoted to his current position) currently plays in a Kara-Tur campaign and would personally like to see that setting explored further.

Kara-Tur is part of the Forgotten Realms, and is inspired by real-world East and Southeast Asia cultures, including China, Japan, Mongolia, and other regions. It was originally published in the 1985 book Oriental Adventures, and has since appeared in other formats including a boxed set in 1988. Eight adventure modules for the setting were published in the late 80s. In 2015's Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, Kara-Tur is briefly described.

Cocks also touched on Spanish-language translations of D&D books in Latin America, and indicated that there were distribution issues with former licensing agreements in that region.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I’d buy it. Did the legend of 5 rings or paizo hire a consultant? Did they have any issues after release? I don’t follow them much but curious on the reaction fans had.

Last edited:

Meech17

WotC President Runner-Up.
Like they did with Kamigawa Neon Dynasty, the upcoming Tarkir set most likely, and Radiant Citadel (heck you could have the Asian-American writers and consulants from Radiant Citadel come back to help with a Kara Tur book, they have the experience now).
Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty is one of better received sets from Magic's current standard line-up. It was an all around good set. The cards and the mechanics were fun, and the setting and art was all very flavorful.

I wonder if they gave up on the MTG-D&D crossover products. I'd buy a Kamigawa book before I bought a Kara Tur book.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Related Articles

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads