• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hasbro Quarterly Report

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I really hope to see Hasbro license out D&D for a comedy movie that becomes a cult classic like Clue some day. Sort of like Krod Mandoon, only... funny. B-)

Glyfair

Explorer
Well, you could do it like an action-comedy, with Matthew Broderick as an aspiring real estate tycoon in New Jersey. Then you could have Timy Curry and Renee Zelwiger as the existing big wigs. Throw in some MGM-cartoon-inspired gags involving hanging from a wrecking ball. It could totally work.

But since it's Michael Bay, expect mecha-Scotty Dogs and exploding cars.
Ridley Scott has hinted that there would be some commentary on the current conditions in the world financial/real estate markets. There were hints that it might be somewhat dark from commentary I've seen, but I am not sure where they got the hints.

(un)reason

Legend
Am I a bad person for wanting them to try and do Hungry Hungry Hippos as a horror movie. After all, they are pretty scary IRL, killing more people every year than crocodiles, and are surprisingly good at hiding. 4 intelligent man-eating hippos could really do a number on a community.

darjr

I crit!
I think it's a Discovery Channel commercial that goes...

"Did you know that hippos kill more people in Africa than crocodiles?!?!"

then cuts to a digital rendition of a game of 'Hungry Hungry Hippos' using marble like meeples.

It could have been an Animal Planet promo.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads