D&D General Have Githzerai always been jerks?

Tony Vargas

Legend
HA! No, OA and everything before it = good.
It's not just OA that I can't get behind on that one, it's also FF (and the Gith are not a tiny part of that, but so far from being alone... a list of goofy monsters would re-print the FF) and, though it's not fair of me, L&L (because I find backing off from copyright infringement sad, somehow, IDK, not very good-citizenship of me.)

UA and everything after it = bad.
Can't muster many arguments to counter that. I heard some folks liked Manual of the Planes? Yeah, Unearthed Arcana was a flaming dumpster fire. So was OA (though, as an Oriental Dumpster, or gomi-xiāng, it did the next larger die type of fire damage than a flaming western dumpster - and had Ki powers). Plus, didn't you notice that UA and OA are the only 1e D&D books whose initials are both dual-vowels. That's gotta mean something...

Therefore, and bear with me now, November 1985 was the death of D&D. Everything since then has just been a terrible hellscape that we have been wondering through, like zombies in a post-apocalpytic setting.
Nothing was actually published in Nov '85, though. So, what, was their a secret coup at TSR or something that month?

jgsugden

Legend
I wish they'd separate lore from mechanics. Changing the mechanic does not require you to revamp the lore.

Always jerks. Just slightly differently implemented jerks in the old days.

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
Therefore, and bear with me now, November 1985 was the death of D&D. Everything since then has just been a terrible hellscape that we have been wondering through, like zombies in a post-apocalpytic setting.

Death of Advanced D&D, perhaps. Classic was good until the bitter end, and the altogether better line besides. I wish I'd appreciated it more before it was too late.

Remove ads