• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Have much of your gaming books have you read?

How many RPG books do you own that you've read?

• I read every RPG book I own

Votes: 76 38.0%
  • I read most of them

Votes: 70 35.0%
  • I read half of them

Votes: 31 15.5%
  • I read a few of them

Votes: 23 11.5%

mcrow

Explorer
Until recently I had a collection of 500+ rpg books from many systems.

I would say that I "read" about 90% of them .

I don't always read the systm sections of core books if I'm already familiar with it but I always read the fluff.

A few of them I have read 2-3 times.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Some people have more money than time. Only takes a few minutes at a shop to buy a book, but reading can take an hour or more for a larger book.

Me, I'm the other way around, though I do have a pretty huge collection. Though I did once find a book in my collection I don't remember buying - one of the Fading Suns d20 books. Once I re-discovered it, I read it, but I have no idea when I bought it, so I don't know how long it sat there.

Gundark

Explorer
Hard copy books...yes I've read them.....PDFs I've bought....well I havn't read them all, unless of course I print them up.

Huw

First Post
Should be more options. I skim all the books I buy (actually, I skim them in the shop before buying), and normally read the basic crunch thoroughly. I trawl through the fluff and non basic crunch (which for me are prestige classes and magic items) for inspiration when needed.

My current least read book is the Gemini RPG (still in it's shrink wrap). Second is "Waterdeep".

catsclaw227

First Post
I am one of those that selected "I read a few of them".

I am a bit of a bibliomaniac. I love books, but I am also a collector. I have many d20 3.x books that I will read and/or skim eventually, just not yet. I've slowed down a bit in the past year, since I am now married and my wife is just recently pregnant.

But there's still a few more I want... :)

X-Marks!

First Post
Smokin'!

trancejeremy said:
Some people have more money than time. Only takes a few minutes at a shop to buy a book, but reading can take an hour or more for a larger book.

"An hour"?!? Man, a 180+ page WoTC HC can take me weeks to get through. No wonder I've really read so little of my vast collection!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads