Have you pre-ordered?

Have you pre-ordered the 4th edition books?

• Yes, all of them.

Votes: 64 29.2%
  • Yes, some of them.

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • I'm planning on pre-ordering them. I just haven't yet

Votes: 19 8.7%
  • No. I'll buy them when they are released

Votes: 32 14.6%
  • I haven't decided whether I'll buy them or not.

Votes: 92 42.0%

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
BadMojo said:
Is there any big benefit to pre-ordering? I'll probably pick up at least the PHB when it comes out, but I couldn't really find any reason to pre-order. It's not like the books will be hard to find.

My understanding is that it also helps the FLGS manage their cash flow.

I haven't pre-ordered yet. I probably will, not sure if it'll be at my FLGS. I don't really like ordering gaming stuff online, but man, the price difference might make me.

Brad

prosfilaes

Adventurer
I've no clue what I'll be playing in a year, and given that I bought the 3.0 core books on sale after 3.5 came out, and only the 3.5 PHB when I was playing 3.5, I might as well wait until I actually start playing 4.0 to worry about it.

Troll Wizard

First Post
Not buying at all

The more previews I have read, the more I notice that it's not my cup of tea. My players will have to find another DM if they wish to play 4E D&D.

GammaPaladin

First Post
I can't see any point in making a big rules system change when it first comes out. I'd much rather upgrade in 2 or 3 years when there's a ton of material than when there's just core and no support material.

Not that I have a group to play with in RL right now anyway, but if I did, I still wouldn't be upgrading ;)

Remove ads