He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Reboot

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Honestly, just update it with a coherent mythos and some decent storytelling and I’m happy.
I thought the MoU 2000s series did that already, I particularly like how they exapnded on the backstories of the Masters and explored the various races/cultures that inhabited the world.

It looks like "Holding Out For a Hero" is becoming the default song for nostalgic superhero media.

Apparently it was also recently used in Loki.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
I am presently questioning how I know who he man and skeletor are as I was born far too late to care.
I do like the chiselled it is I miss that.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

Kevin Smith gives the audience a closer look - and yup, he’s pushing it as fanboy nostalgia with a grown up twist, He have the Power!

Teelas journey sounds interesting

Last edited:

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
I just posted my Greatest Animation list here:

And then stumbled upon the release of the trailer for Masters of the Universe: Revelation here:

It's Executive Produced by Kevin Smith, good music, and Mark "I am not Luke, I am Joker" Hamill as the voice of Skeletor.

On the one hand, it does an awesome job of getting those 80s vibes, while updating it.
On the other hand, after seeing the amazing job they did with She-Ra by doing something different, this feels a little too same-y?

Are you looking forward to this?
I love me some Bonnie Tyler but this needs 4 Non Blondes.

GreyLord

Legend
I thought the MoU 2000s series did that already, I particularly like how they exapnded on the backstories of the Masters and explored the various races/cultures that inhabited the world.
This.

It will be hard to beat the 2000 series. They should have included it in the idea rather than saying 40 years...it's only been 20...

And that series was awesome.

Remove ads