He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Reboot

Zardnaar

Legend
I don't have a lot if nostalgia for MotU but picked up a few on sale in 1988 for around $2.50 each.

Probably some sort of clearance sale.

But this brings back memories.

hopeless

Adventurer
I'm left wondering if you're setting it 20 years later (or 40) perhaps something happened and Prince Adam left until recalled by his father to ascend to the throne as his successor.

Except he's no longer carrying the sword of power resulting in Teela being assigned to locate the missing artefact.

Then during her adventures we learn what happened to Adam, why he gave up the sword and who his replacement is cue him having kids of his own and one of them picks up the sword and sets out to find out what happened to his father and why Adam has kept his family a secret from everyone back at home?

MGibster

Legend
I thought the MoU 2000s series did that already, I particularly like how they exapnded on the backstories of the Masters and explored the various races/cultures that inhabited the world.
In 1990, we got The New Adventures of He-Man, but by then I was a sophisticated teenager and I never actually saw an episode. I'm kind of surprised to see they made 65 episodes of this show. For me, He-Man came in at a distant fourth behind the holy trinity that was Star Wars, the Transformers, and GI Joe but I did own battle damage He-Man, battle damage Skeletor, and Ram Man. It's crazy just how quickly He-Man rose in popularity only to fall so very hard by 1987.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
In 1990, we got The New Adventures of He-Man, but by then I was a sophisticated teenager and I never actually saw an episode. I'm kind of surprised to see they made 65 episodes of this show. For me, He-Man came in at a distant fourth behind the holy trinity that was Star Wars, the Transformers, and GI Joe but I did own battle damage He-Man, battle damage Skeletor, and Ram Man. It's crazy just how quickly He-Man rose in popularity only to fall so very hard by 1987.
Dude! Did you have to invoke that unholy abomination!!! He-Man in space had some terrible redesigns and even worse storyllines, I had disavowed its existence until you reminded me :(

Last edited:

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
On the other hand, after seeing the amazing job they did with She-Ra by doing something different, this feels a little too same-y?
They didn't want to do it the same way, so they are going the opposite direction of every update they made in She-Ra.

It's going to be a reboot instead of a reimagining.
Everyone is going to have serious, realistic names instead of 80s cartoon power names.
Oh, and Prince Adam will become straight.

:p

Actually, I loved the new She-Ra and I'm looking forward to this. I expect it to be different, but there's still plenty of ways to be awesome.

Remove ads