Heirs to the Burning Thrones

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Jibril is called aside by Suhayb and Omran. Though he has heard something of Kadar, it is apparent by the furrowed brow on Suhayb's face that he may know a bit more. Jibril knows that Kadar is a very prosperous trader, what one would call a merchant prince, and it often supped at the homes of nobles. He is welcome at the courts of several sultans, and often supplies women for their harems, or the harems of lesser nobles.*

"Jibril, I know a thing of Kadar. Though he is a shrewd businessman, he is also known for his hospitality. He would be banned from the courts and noble houses if he was thought to be an inconsiderate or boorish host. His reputation is very important to him, and he will try to maintain it as he maintains his wealth, which is to say, with ferocity. I believe we have made a strong enough impression that he will no offer us any harm... directly," the flamekissed begins.

*One of the rules of hospitatility is that of the sharing of salt. Once a guest has eaten a host's salt, it is a symbol, a pledge, that he will be an honorable person in the home. Obviously, if the group eats with Kadar, they will be bound to do no harm to him, and Kadar will be honor-bound to do no harm to them.*

"But he is shrewd, shrewd as a hundred lawyers. He may make us a gift of some sort, sending some of his pleasure slaves to our tents, and then later we would be honor-bound to give a gift of equal proportion. And since the services of his slaves can be worth thousands of gold... we only have one kind of 'gift' he might accept," Suhayb murmurs, his eyes sliding over to Samira and Shalah. Omran grunts and shakes his head.

"We should have a show of strength. We three are to guard the Heirs. There can be no dishonor in having sworn guards allowed to retain their weapons," the gemchild points out, looking stubborn and belligerant, his face hard. "And if they demand a repayment for a gift we could not possibly afford, we can call him a cheat and a liar, and take our satisfaction out in blood."

*The two look to Jibril to make a descion, one counseling caution, the other, violence.*

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Jibril a'Mussan (Human, Windwalker)

Jibril listened with focused intent to the explanations by Suhayb and Omran, nodding thoughtfully as they spoke. He waited several seconds after Omran finished weighing the different tactics in his mind. Reflecting on his own life, Jibril made his decision.

"My friends, I believe that this encounter would be a good test of our heirs, and may have been placed here deliberately," Jibril commented quietly. "They will need to deal with one such as he in their own houses if they achieve their goals. We should be respectful of Kadar and accept his wishes in the use of the oasis, but should be on guard for 'gifts' so that we can respectfully refuse. I believe that we should inform the heirs as well, for many may be unaware of these customs."

Jibril nodded in satisfaction to Suhayb, thanking him for his advice. Turning to Omran, Jibril added, "With that in mind, a respectful request from a sworn guard, may allow a person or two to maintain their weapons. I would be honored to make the request if you wish, Omran. With the understanding that that we do not question the security and safety provided by Kadar and his guard, but that the desert is a dangerous place and not all dangers can be anticipated."

"Let us discuss this with the heirs and see if they approve or have additional insight, yes?" Jibril asked with a smile to his fellow guards, thankful at their wisdom. If there is an agreement, Jibril will present their discussion to the heirs.

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Abdul said:
"While normally I would agree, we were told to come to this oasis by the Gen."

"Of course, most esteemed one," Jibril replied. "Badra did indeed mention that our task was to reach the north oasis alive. And, she also added that you would have as much time as necessary to complete the task. If this indeed is the proper oasis . . . it is an oasis and it was north of our start . . . then it would be imperative that we be allowed to stay. Suhayb, Omran, and I have discussed the ramifications of staying and the issues which I have relayed to all of you. All we humbly ask is if this meets with the agreement of the most esteemed ones, and if there may be anything that we may have missed."

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
* Nafeesa ponders everyone's views quietly. She still believes that there is no need to make an enemies.*

Maybe I am a little too trusting. I have spent much time around hospitable tribes and my own people are laid back, but I am sticking to my beliefs.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
“The request of a guard to retain his weapons is not unreasonable, and I certainly hope that this… Kadar agrees with me. I agree that we will have to deal carefully with him, whether this is our test or not” Tariq said thoughtfully.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Samira: Flamekissed Half-Nymph/Female (Gestalt: Unfettered/Rogue/Seductress)

Samira didn’t bother hiding the fact she was put off by the idea of gifts, or more to the point that she should be a gift, and as her amber eyes seemed to flare in annoyance she quickly agreed with Tariq, “I think it’s very reasonable… and as for gifts I think you can forget about it too, as others have stated we have none to give. I’m, Shalah too for that matter, are heirs to a throne now and not a simple harem girls.” Her voice turns venomous as she stares at each one of her companions, “Besides I’m far more valuable than any harem girl he has...”

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Samira said:
“I think it’s very reasonable… and as for gifts I think you can forget about it too, as others have stated we have none to give. I’m, Shalah too for that matter, are heirs to a throne now and not a simple harem girls.” Her voice turns venomous as she stares at each one of her companions, “Besides I’m far more valuable than any harem girl he has...”

"Of this, not a man on this land would have any doubt of that fact, blessed one," Jibril replied quickly. "We only caution that we should be wary of accepting anything from Kadar in which he might demand a gift in return," he explained further. He paused a moment before adding, in a much quieter and far more serious voice, "My blood and bones would be mixed with the sand before I would allow you . . . or any of the heirs to be treated in such a manner."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Samira: Flamekissed Half-Nymph/Female (Gestalt: Unfettered/Rogue/Seductress)

*Samira nods her head in agreement as she smile softly at Jibril. *

“I have no doubt of that and it’s appreciated, at least by me, but I earnestly hope that it doesn’t come down to that.”

*Samira looks at each her companions before continuing. *

““Shall we go now? I’m not sure how much more is to be gained by prolonged debate besides the possibility of gaining Kadar’s mistrust.”

rangerjohn

Explorer
Abdul-Hadid Genie-Kin Scout

If all are agreed, Abdul approaches the guards and asks. "Would this be acceptable? All but guards would hand over weapons. I myself will hand over my brother. But I should point out, that in a moment of danger, my brother and myself cannot be parted."

Remove ads