Heirs to the Burning Thrones

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Samira: Flamekissed Half-Nymph/Female (Gestalt: Unfettered/Rogue/Seductress)

Use to the highly guarded nature of the harem, and wishing she had her own set of guards for the unpredictable nature of the desert, Samira didn’t seem at all perturbed by the ring of guards, though she was worried that the guards would not be Eunuchs, and their for not to be trusted if let alone with her.

Her interest was perked by who would be traveling around the desert with such wealth, but at the same time someone of that wealth might recognize her from Ala’Kamal’s Harem and ask many questions she would rather not have to answer.

Luckily for Samara the others seemed more than willing to deal with their fellow travels and in her own dignified way she was more than willing to let them.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Jibril a'Mussan (Human, Windwalker)

Jibril remained with the rest of the caravan while the scout, Abdul, greeted the camp at the oasis. Jibril felt that he could converse as well with the camp, but stayed behind once Tariq left to join Abdul.

While he considered himself somewhat diplomatic (he didn't come by it naturally, at least not after his apparent demise), this looked to be a good opportunity for the heirs to stretch their diplomatic skills.

Just in case, however, Jibril activated his Touchsight again.

OOC: Spent 29 points thus far. Touchsight and Inertial Armor still active.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*As Abdul approaches, Tariq trails after him. Suhayb and Omran remain behind, on the lookout for treachery. Tariq spots what must be the caravan master's tent, the largest and best appointed, glowing slightly inside from the lamps. The richness of the tent fabric and the fine colors visible by the lantern light show it to belong to a man of wealth. There are also several other tents, far more than are necessary even for the vast number of guards present. To Tariq, and Abdul as well, that spells one thing - a slave caravan.*

*As Abdul calls out his greeting, one of the guards steps forward slightly. However, Abdul notes the gleam of bronze arrowheads being set to bows by the other guards.*

"The bounty of nature is welcome to all, but my master's bounty is sacred to him. What do you offer as sureity that you are not bandits come to raid our wares?" the guards demands.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
“I am merely a humble merchant, hoping to share the bounties of the oasis with my esteemed companions and your honorable master,” Tariq replied evenly. He is surprised when Abdul abruptly leaves, but tries not to show it. He certainly hoped that the guard did not find the abruptness suspicious.

“If I may be so bold, may I ask the name of your master?”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Our master is Kadar, the Most Powerful One. He is hospitable to weary travelers, but asks politely that weapons be left in the charge of Ghalib, the captain of his guard," the sentry says, with an unexpected touch of deference in his tone. It appears he has gotten a better look at the garb and outfitting of your little group, and seems impressed by the wealth represented in the dress, equipment, and beasts. Tariq's smooth words and polite address did not go unnoticed either.

*The sentry makes a small motion with his fingers, and another guard arrives in a moment, along with a third that must be Ghalib, due to the fine embroidery on his robes, and the fine scimitar at his belt. He gives you a solemn nod, and waits for you to respond.*

Dark Nemesis

First Post
“That is a most generous invitation. Please, excuse me for a moment while I convey it to my companions,” Tariq replies. He offers a slight bow, before turning, and moving back toward the group. As he went, he searched his mind for any memory of past dealings with Kadar, or if he had heard any stories about him.

“The caravan belongs to Kadar, a slave trader. I am told that if we leave our weapons with one of his guards, we may enter the oasis,” he quietly informed the others. He did not entirely like the idea, though. Weaponless people were that much easier to capture as slaves. Though Tariq could get by without weapons, he was not sure if everyone in the group could.

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
*Nafeesa ponders Tariq's words for a moment, then pulls her weapon loose.*

"Well, if this is were we are to stay, let us not make any enemies. You never know when odd acquaintances may prove a powerful allies."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Jibril a'Mussan (Human, Windwalker)

"I must admit, most esteemed ones," Jibril offered, "I cannot say that I like the idea od everyone being without weapons while in the company of a slave trader. Perhaps it would be best if we traveled on and sought another shelted area this evening. But, of course, I will abide by your wishes."

Jibril tried to remember if he knew anything of this Kadar person, or even Ghalib.

Remove ads