Heirs to the Burning Thrones

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Samira: Flamekissed Half-Nymph/Female (Gestalt: Unfettered/Rogue/Seductress)

Samira’s anxiety builds as she realize that Kadar was indeed as cunning as the others had warned about, but after his questions about why two possessions would travel in such a way she felt nothing but worry.

That’s a damn good question… I hope that Jibril has a damn good answer...

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Kadar said:
. . . But could I be so bold as to inquire what takes such a procession across the sands without servants or camels enough to tend their needs?"

"Not only may you be so bold, my gracious Kadar, it indeed appears that you are so bold by asking that very question," Jibril commented and complimented his host. "I will answer your question and, if you may permit me, have a question of my very own. The bounty of the desert and the accomplishments of my esteemed travelers has provided to all of our needs up to this point. In fact, I would not question our good fortune at finding such a gracious host at the very oasis we had intended to stop at for the night. I have found in my travels that it is important not to question good fortune, least it be withdrawn from you in the future, do you not agree?"

"As to my question, I was curious as to the honored company that we find ourselves in . . . other than your esteemed presence, of course, honored host,”
Jibril mentioned.

Last edited:

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Tariq listened as Kadar questioned them, and as Jibril answered his questions. He could not help but to smile at his companion's responses. Well done. Jibril was proving himself to be a man of intelligence.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"An honestly suspicious man, I like that!" Kadar says with a broad laugh. "Very well then, I am traveling from Binum to Sagheer to sell a fine collection of well-trained desert jewels. My son, Marid, goes with me to marry his promised bride."

*Marid, you all know, is a name that means rebellious. It's not particularly auspicious, so the name must be well-earned.*

"However, let me asuage your worries and give you some fine entertainment from my own stock of jewels. Ready the musicians!" he says to one of his servants. Within moments, four musicians enter the tent and sit to one side. Striking up a stiring tune, five dancing girls, obviously trained harem dancers, enter from the opposite side. They are draped in many colors of transluscent gauze, gold ornaments decorating their hair, ears, wrists and ankles. All seem to be human, with dark hair and smooth skin the color of fine amber. Their faces are veiled, and dark expressive eyes gaze at each of you in turn as they begin to dance.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

* Samira, already behind her companions, was quite happy with the fact that she wasn’t dancing nor did she really have any interest in the dancing before her but she fringed interest in the hopes of being a good guest while she absently studied their movements. *

* She had no doubt that Kadar had spent a small fortune on his dancing girls but between them, the clothes that hinted and hid their elegant forms, the jewelry and gems that highlighted and displayed their form still couldn’t pay for the beauty that was she. *

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
* The display being put on before the group did not interest Nafeesa, which is not to say that they were not talented. She was a simple woman with simple interests. She prefered the humble company of the nomads to the pomp and flare of nobility. None the less she smiled politely, pretending to watch the dance but in fact was staring at the back of the tent. *

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Jibril a'Mussan (Human, Windwalker)

Jibril wondered if he knew of any of the locations that Kadar had mentioned.

Jibril nodded with a half-bow in response to Kadar's offer, knowing well the affront to refuse such a thing. As the women danced it was difficult to pay attention to his surroundings with the beauty and grace the women exhibited. When he could spare a glance, knowing well that the eyes of his host were likely on him and the others, Jibril glanced at his companions, trying to get a read on them.

Quickly though, his eyes returned to the beauty and spectacle before him.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Tariq smiled politely, and bowed his head toward their host, before turning his attention to the dancing girls. They were truly exquisite; no doubt that Kadar had spent a small fortune for each of them. He watched their movements with interest, but occasionally glanced at Kadar out of the corner of his eye.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Shallah, Jibril, Abdul, and Tariq catch a glimpse of movement out of the corner of their eyes that has nothing to do with the performance being put on before them. The curtains on the far side of the tent were parted slightly. From within they spot a youth, not even twenty years old, with skin the color of fine amber, and dark-curled hair like that of a black sheep. He's quite handsome, and wears robes of a fashionable cut and expensive fabrics. He gazes at the group of Heirs with a strange longing and look of despiration.*

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

* It wasn’t to far into the dancer’s performances that Samira got bored with her idle curiosity at the dancers and turned her attention to her companions, or more importantly those of her male companions, and there reactions to the dancers. *

* Their interest didn’t really surprise her but she did wonder if she could ever use it to her advantage… Realizing that Shalah would understand a small curious smile formed as she watched the dancers once again with fringe inertest. *

Remove ads