• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heirs to the Burning Thrones

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Oh, you're a healer?" Adiva says, and then takes a quick look around to make sure Kadar is paying attention to his advisor and not to her. "Do you know anything about love potions, or curses maybe? Some of the girls think that Marid has fallen in love with someone other than his intended bride, but we don't know who. He refuses all of our attentions, and I know of no man who is capable of such strength of character unless he is a holy man, or so deserately in love that he cannot see us. I fear that some spirit has stolen his love and he will fade away if he marries another."

" I am sorry dear heart, I have no knowledge of love potions. As for curses I have very little experance with. My healing skills are domestic in nature. Cuts, breaks, births, deaths, sickness, that sort of thing. I am not sure I would be any use to someone who is merely love sick. " She smiles slightly with her end comment.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Oh dear... Then... do you have some remedy or unguent for sunburn perhaps? Marid always seems sunburnt when he returns from his nightly wanderings," Adiva asks softly.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Jibril a'Mussan (Human, Windwalker)

Jibril continued to watch his surroundings, relaxed in the company of such a fine host - wary of potential trouble. It was a difficult balance to maintain, particularly most recently.

Headcount, smile . . . kind words to a little flower . . . scan the surroundings while sipping wine . . . admire the fine moves of a dancer . . . make eye contact with each of the heirs that he could . . . seeing to their needs or questions.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*After a fine dinner and much entertainment, Kadar finally rises from the table.*

"The least I can do for my fine guests is to allow you the hospitality of my tents to rest in. My flowers can conduct you to them, if that is your wish. And now I must retire, for we must be up in a few hours to travel while the Moon Maiden still lights our way," Kadar says with a bow.

*The flowers can conduct everyone to a large tent. It's carpeted with a wealth of fine rugs, and three deep in a wealth of silk cushions. Elegantly embroidered curtains separate the tent into individual sections. Covered pots lined with sand are in each area for necessary functions, and braziers with incense in the coals keep the tent warm and scented in the cool night air.*

*The flowers conduct everyone to sleep, and some bring a coffee service for those that wish a warm drink before they sleep. The flowers finally leave, and the heirs can begin bedding down for the night. However, outside the back of the tent, all hear the footsteps of someone in a hurry. Suddenly, with a muffled oath, a body squirms its way underneath the tent wall, even as torches and the unmistakable creak of armor pass by the tent. The guards must have been following this fellow. The frightened young man that looks up is recognizeable as the young man that was watching the heirs from afar during the feats.*

"Please, don't give me up to the guards. I am Marid, and I need your help," he whispers frantically.

Keia

I aim to misbehave

*A halo of power rose up around Jibril as he heard the rustling under the tent flap. The halo quickly faded from view as Jibril cycled through the ways to kill the intruder. He glanced to the others and motioned for silence. As the boy finished climbing under and came to his feet, Jibril listened.

Marid said:
"Please, don't give me up to the guards. I am Marid, and I need your help," he whispers frantically.
"I remember seeing you at the tent. What is your need that you ask this boon from us, knowing that it will break the honored guest status that we currently have with the most honorable Kadar?" Jibril asked. Through the inflection in his voice he indicated neither acceptance nor condemnation, merely a question.

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Samira: Flamekissed Half-Nymph/Female (Gestalt: Unfettered/Rogue/Seductress)

“Jibril? Are you sure this is wise? Catering to this boy places all of us in danger…” Samira’s eyes flared in anger and annoyance but hinted at worry.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"The most honorable Kadar is my father. I beg you, please do not turn me over to the guards. I need to see her, and I promised I would be there before moonset," he whispers frantically.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Samira: Flamekissed Half-Nymph/Female (Gestalt: Unfettered/Rogue/Seductress)

Samira hissed back at the young man as he ignored her, “Good! As his son you should realize the burden you would place upon us and the danger you would place us in if we where to protect you.”

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Samira said:
“Jibril? Are you sure this is wise? Catering to this boy places all of us in danger…”
"I understand, most esteemed one," Jibril replied calmly and quietly. "Trust me when I tell you that your safety is my primary concern. That said, it will do us no harm to here the son of Kadar a few moments of our time . . . perhaps he is here with instructions from our honored host?"

Marid said:
"The most honorable Kadar is my father. I beg you, please do not turn me over to the guards. I need to see her, and I promised I would be there before moonset," he whispers frantically.
"Understand, Marid, that we have little time here," Jibril commented quietly to Marid, "so it would do you well to speak plainly. So, Marid, son of Kadar, who is it that you have given your oath to, and why is it so important that to see 'her'?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"She is... one whom I love. I know I dishonor my father by not wishing my marriage to the girl of his choice, but my heart is given over to another heart. I beg you, please, I must go to her!" he whispers desperately.

Remove ads