Heirs to the Burning Thrones

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Tariq was impressed with the performance of the harem dancers, and intrigued by their beauty. However, he paused as his eyes fell upon a boy who was peeking through the curtains. He examined the boy curiously and gave him a brief smile, but tried not to appear too distracted from the dancers’ performance. That, after all, would be rude to their host.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Jibril a'Mussan (Human, Windwalker)

Jibril noticed the youth, but did not pay any attention to him. Obviously, the boy was observing something which he should not, and bringing attention to him may reveal him and embarass his host. The look it caught spoke of desperation . . . if the opportunity arose, he would try and speak with the youth.

Jibril spent his time observing the dancing girls and Kadar, following all of the expected rituals - even to the point of favoring one of the girls with his gaze. He had no real interest, well, he did, but was very willing to put that aside in the interests of protecting and advising the heirs.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The girls make a very elegant and beautiful dance, and most make eye contact with at least one of the heirs before the dance is over. When the dance ends to the final beat of a drum, the girls bow, and then scatter amongst the heirs to entertain them with conversation, and to pamper them as they had been taught.*

"My little blossoms have had little practice on such personages as yourself during their trip. Allow them this time, and I would be thankful," Kadar says with a belly laugh. For indeed, who could refuse the individual attentions of such lovely ladies? Kadar turns to discuss something with a richly-dressed man who was probably his advisor, as the flowers ask questions of the heirs and their guards.

"Where do you go, gracious one? What do you seek? Surely such a journey is quite a hardship! Lie back and let me massage your feet with fragrant oils, for you have toiled long. Speak to me of the cities you come from, gracious one, they must be fascinating places!" are the kinds of questions and comments they ask.

*The boy behind the curtains crumples one hand into a ball, and stares with such intensity at the heirs it's amazing something hasn't caught fire yet.*

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Samira: Flamekissed Half-Nymph/Female (Gestalt: Unfettered/Rogue/Seductress)

* Uncannily familiar with the music Samira turn her attention away from her companions and back to the dancing girls just in time to catch eyes with one of the dancers right before they scattered. She wasn’t at all surprised to find the same little blossom presenting herself to her nor did she doubt the girl was attracted to her, harems where never as random as it appeared to be. *

* Use to being in the place now occupied by the young blossom Samira finds herself uneasy but she quickly settles in happy to answer the girl’s with cheerful consistent but not overly helpful answers to questions she has little doubt came from above, while at the same time she tried to get more information about their host, Kadar. *

OOC: Diplomacy + 23 or Gather Information + 17

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
*Nafeesa is not one who cares to be waited on hand and foot, so when she is approached she finds a way out of the pampering.*

" I appericate your offer, but I would like much more to just sit and talk . The journey so far has been a quiet one for me. Tell me about yourself?"

[ooc: this is all of course if Nafeesa is even approached :p ]

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Shallah and Samira ply their well-learned skills on the younger girls, drawing them into conversation with the ease of much experience. The two younger flowers tell them about Kadar, what little they do know. He hopes to bring excellent prices for the girls when he reaches Sagheer, as these girls are all fresh out of the training harems and will be novel to those seeking to purchase pleasure slaves. Kadar has been treating them well, but he often asks that they entertain his guests, sometimes in more intimate ways than what has been shown here. Those that yeild to the flowers are often drawn into contracts with Kadar, contracts that favor the master.*

*He also sends a different flower to Marid's tent each night, in hopes of kindling the boy's interesting in women, for he has shown little. However, though he has talked with the flowers, he has not let them even touch him. He claims he loves another, but he does not mention his promised bride. Sometimes the girls wake up to find him gone from his tent at night, only to return, hot and flushed, but his clothes in perfect array.*

*Kadar is very angry at his son for being stubborn about his bride, as it will bring him a lucrative trading agreement, and keeps his son from visitors to prevent him from trying to escape.*

~~~

Nafeesa said:
*Nafeesa is not one who cares to be waited on hand and foot, so when she is approached she finds a way out of the pampering.*

"I appericate your offer, but I would like much more to just sit and talk . The journey so far has been a quiet one for me. Tell me about yourself?"
"I am Adiva, great lady. I was born in the harem of Nasser Naji in Binum, and was trained there all my life to be the perfect harem girl. This is my first trip outside the harem walls, and it is marvelously exciting, though confusing. You must have seen many things in your travels! Please, tell me the things you've seen!" she says with enthusiasm.

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
*Listening to the girls excited voice Nafeesa just smiles softly. *

" In my travels I have not see much. I have mostly gone from one nomad tribe to another to assist with any healing I can. As for this journey I am not sure what is to come of it, but it will an enjoyable experience." Nafessa hopes she has side-stepped any probing that may have been the ultimate goal of the girl and the host.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
It is very difficult for Tariq to maintain his concentration as the flowers make their way through the heirs, asking their questions. He is all too happy to regale any flower that asks with stories about the cities he has visited, though he is careful not to reveal much information about himself, and no information about their current mission. Seeing Kadar speaking with his advisor, he tries to listen to their conversation without making it obvious that he is eavesdropping.

(Listen +11, Bluff +13)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Jibril a'Mussan (Human, Windwalker)

Jibril enjoyed the company of the little flower, thought tried to maintain his distance. It wasn't a matter of not thinking that the flower was worthy, but that he was not worthy of the flower's attention. Scars from his . . . past were both physical and mental. Regardless of his personal feelings, Jibril conversed with flower, enjoying the beauty and grace with which she held herself.

He looked over the other heirs and guards, making certain that they stayed focused and did not make any promises he could not keep.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Oh, you're a healer?" Adiva says, and then takes a quick look around to make sure Kadar is paying attention to his advisor and not to her. "Do you know anything about love potions, or curses maybe? Some of the girls think that Marid has fallen in love with someone other than his intended bride, but we don't know who. He refuses all of our attentions, and I know of no man who is capable of such strength of character unless he is a holy man, or so deserately in love that he cannot see us. I fear that some spirit has stolen his love and he will fade away if he marries another."

~~~

*Tariq goes to pick up a choice bowl of berries, and allows the flowers to feed them to him. However, this does have a purpose of bringing him closer to Kadar so that he can hear more easily.*

"...month out of Binum and he has not taken one of them! But the skills of our guests are well-known, legendary even" Kadar is saying. "My lord, I do not know how you could ask it of them. They would have to occur a debt for which you would only accept one kind of repayment. Their guardians are vigilant, and seem to be watching out for not only their physical welfare. I would propose something simple. Some of the men are quite taken with the flowers, and it has always worked before. Skill for skill, if they enjoy one, we can ask for the skills of Samira or Shallah as recompense to awaken the manhood of your wayward son..." the advisor counsels, before more music begins to play, obscuring the rest of their conversation.

Remove ads