• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hell freezes over....

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
attachment.php

D-rock

First Post
How long do you think it takes for Hell to restart it pilot light once it freezes over?

(yes I did steal that from the old animaniacs cartoon show in case you were wondering)

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Henry said:
Hang loose, have fun with it, and let us know when to expect the rain of frogs, and when to store extra water before it all turns to blood. :)
That's the plan. Just found out we're starting at 8th(!!) level. so I got less than 24 hours to learn about DL and create a suitable character. It's a good problem to have, actually. :cool:

francisca

HellHound said:
Good luck, Francisca! You nad I both had similar experiences with the old DL modules... Well, mine was bad enought hat I never played AD&D again because of it.

Nonetheless, I understand that a good DM can overcome even the railroading of those old modules, let alone run a great game in the new campaign setting.
Thanks man! and thanks to all wishing me luck.

Maybe I'll make a story hour out of it.

twofalls

DM Beadle
Just about a year ago I converted the DL modules I collected back in the day to 3.0 when the DL book came out and decided to run them. The game died when a couple players accused me of running them over with a plot wagon... really pissed me off. I told them from the start that they could go anywhere and do anything they wanted to, and I made a lot of changes to the way the modules were run. They came up against a very tough encounter with a large unit of Draconians and decided that because it was hard I was trying to railroad them into something. The bad reputation of the modules and the players perceptions of the game essentially made them suspicious of the game I was running. I refused to run the game any further and started a Kingdoms of Kalamar game instead.

Sometimes even a good GM isn't able to overcome player prejudice.

Last edited:

francisca

twofalls said:
Sometimes even a good GM isn't able to overcome player prejudice.
Well, I'm leaving my prejudice concerning DL in the past. Frankly, I'm more concerned about the other players in the group, whom I do not know, than the setting, plot, and DM.

Remove ads