OSR Hello everyone, more context for my question, I have been using side initiative with a single d6 no modifiers from the players which is contested by m

Nightbeat84

Explorer
Hello everyone, more context for my question, I have been using side initiative with a single d6 no modifiers from the players which is contested by me the DM each round of combat in my 5e games. I am wanting to switch to shadowdark for future games. I would like to continue to use side initiative because my players and I like co-operative team work to tackle problems and it feels more engaging.

My current thoughts are to give something to the thief that increase there speed since that is what advantage to initiative generally translates to mechanically. I know the system doesn't use feet it uses abstract ranges but is there a way to maybe increase their range of movement?

Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.

PS: I have not played a game of Shadowdark yet I plan to run a game in August and hopefully for all future games.
also not sure if this is the best place to ask question about shadowDark or should I post in the D&D general?

Remove ads