Hell's Invasion [Recruiting]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Evan Tyler
Evan.png
Professional stunt driver and modern day Renaissance man.

Evan is fairly unremarkable looking young man with brown hair, brown eyes, average height and average build. He's fairly cheerful and a little bit prone to being overenthusiastic.

When he was a young boy, he loved movies, all kinds of movies, but especially action movies. He'd rewatch his favorite scenes over and over again. But growing up was a series of disappointments as real life kept insisting on intruding on the cinematic world. 'Nobody drives like that, except in the movies.' 'Nobody could survive that, except in the movies.' 'Things don't blow up like that, except in the movies.' And so he went into the movies.

Evan was never really cut out to be an actor, but that wasn't the part of the movies that excited him anyways. He found work as a stunt man, building his way up from just being the guy who gets thrown through windows, teaching himself all sorts of different skills. Whatever's needed. Now he's a driver, a rigger, a fighter, whatever it takes to make sure the shot goes well and everything looks great.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
BikerGirl.jpg
Motorcycle club mechanic with an arcane flair

Concept: in d20 Urban Arcana Terms, a tough/smart character with some kind of arcane background; something equivalent to a d20 warlock or sorcerer.

Rosetta "Rosie" Flores is a generally unkempt Latina with red streaks decorating her dark hair. She often (magically) changes the color to reflect her ever-changing moods; she has the Latina fire in her belly and perhaps something more…

Rosie grew up in the streets. Though her family was well-to-do, she was the ninth child in a huge family who didn’t have the space for half of them. She spent her youth as a junker, finding and fixing machines to sell and ‘borrowing’ when necessary.

In her teens, she caught the eye of the Los Brujos motorcycle club – specifically, one of their young initiates. After a brief love affair, she swore to be his Old Lady. One fateful afternoon, local police moved on the Brujo’s clubhouse in order to drive the gang out of town, but their brash leader insisted on holding on to what was ‘theirs’; a gunfight ensued, one where Rosie’s lover fell trying to prevent her from being dragged off. She picked up a shotgun and took down the officer who killed her man.

That moment on, she was good for life with the club. She earned her tattoos, penned with a mystic ink which revealed her latent arcane power.

Everything changed when the Demon nation attacked…

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Good approach, hafrogman. :) Looks like he can be versatile as well as a wheelman.
Yours will be good too, Hero. Some versatility and arcane punch.

I have started an IC Thread for Evan Tyler: Evan Tyler

I have started an IC Thread for Rosie Flores: Rosie Flores

Post your character application in the next post right after mine so it will be easier to find later on for reference and updating.

The opening IC is left up you on when/where you want to get started. If you need more from me, let me know.

Shayuri

First Post
Argh, I know the character I want now, but I can't decide if being a soldier makes sense for this.

I need just a little more time to sort this out.

Shayuri

First Post
Okay, I think I got it. Being a soldier didn't make sense until after D-Day, so she will begin the prologue before she takes that step. I got a bit inspired reading Herobizkit's character description and got some ideas for mine that will hopefully be as entertaining for y'all as they are for me. :)

I present Renata Hodges. Youngest of three children of Senator Thomas Hodges and his wife Isabella and the only girl of the pack. Loud and rambunctious as a child, she grew into a shy and reserved adolescent, feeling overshadowed by her brothers. In high school a series of painful events shattered that reserve, and she started getting into a lot of trouble. Her father, sensitive as ever to the political consequences of having a problem child, swiftly arranged for her to go to a sheltered private school...hence avoiding serious consequences for her misbehavior. It was there, at Dalton Academy, during her senior year of high school, that the demons came.

Renata would have a base of Tough and Fast...I can't rule out the possibility of some Charismatic if it wouldn't hose her too bad...with eyes on the Shadow Slayer class at higher levels. Alternatively, I could go for some kind of TK ragemonster build, but I'd need to see how to stat that before committing. In my head she's all about the smakka dakka. Guns, sure, but what she'd really love to do is just punch evil in the face.

Attached NPCs -
- Thomas Hodges: For Buffy fans, think the Mayor of Sunnyvale. He's a charming guy, an astute politician...a Republican Senator of Massachusetts (Ren's from Boston, but Dalton can be anywhere in the US) who's managed to balance the demands of the conservative wing of his party with the more purple-blue of his constituents. He's got an uncanny ability to get people set on 'no' to 'yes.' Some have joked that he's made a deal with the devil for his talents.

It's not quite so funny now.

Isabella Hodges: Beautiful and elegant and every inch the entitled heiress that she is, Isabella is as devoutly high society as she is Catholic; these two things are the first things anyone notices about her. The cynical might posit that her marriage with Tom is a little too perfect to be real...they complement each other wonderfully. His position and ambition suit her craving for the finer things in life, and she brings the couple the necessary religious appeal to give him credibility with his base. She's also the consummate social artist, managing fetes and soirees with grace and a keen eye for detail. Renata and Isabella have had an especially troubled relationship...she has high hopes and aspirations for her only female offspring, and Ren seems grimly determined to thwart every...single...one of them.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
All you really need is an avatar picture, Shayuri.

Btw, weekends are busy for me and I might not be back around until Mon/Tues. (3-day weekend here).

Great opening IC post hafrogman. :)

Shayuri

First Post
lol, yep, blocked a little on what the devil Ren was doing, but probably overthinking things. :)

Fixed my character info though and added an avatar though! Progress!

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Nice work Shayuri and hafrogman. I like how things are going so far.

We still have room for more players if you know anyone else that is interested.

Hero, you need to get your first post and rolling. I am hoping for 3-4 posts per week, mate.

Remove ads