• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Helms in 3.5e

Wolf72

Explorer
Wow PC!!! ... you're 100.3% right!

when I squint real hard it does look like your discussing DR :cool:

btw: DR is Obviously covered on p3-4 of the MMM!

DiFier

First Post
If you put a baby in each helmet. you get screaming baby armor. Good caharchters can't wear it of course and they will also have a very hard time hitting someone wearing it. Plus, It is even harder to sleep in than full plate is. there are some good sides everyone likes babies so the wearer gets a +2 charisma bonus.

Last edited:

Darklone

DiFier said:
If you put a baby in each helmet. you get screaming baby armor. Good caharchters can't wear it of course and they will also have a very hard time hitting someone wearing it. Plus, It is even harder to sleep in than full plate is. there are some good sides everyone likes babies so the wearer gets a +2 charisma bonus.

Except Blackguards.

Thorntangle

First Post
To get back on topic -

I posted something about helms a while back, but I got 0 repies. In Dungeon's "Life's Bazaar", Kazmojen has listed in his inventory a "Great Helm". Some points of AC were unaccounted for but I don't know how much natural armor a half-troll templated creature would receive.

So apparently mundane helms do exist in 3.5 as separate equipment entries (or did at the time of the mag's printing). What benefit they convey is unknown.

Remove ads