Help me choose a class.

Burn_Boy

First Post
Since you seem to already have the basic, tank, sneaky, blaster and medic slots filled I would go with a Bladebound Magus myself. I'm a little biased since I am in LOVE with that class and archetype but I think it's a solid choice too.

At level 15-16 you've got Heavy Armor so you can cast arcane spells with no problem in Full Plate and by then you have access to pretty much all the spells you can cast. Plus, with the Bladebound sword, not only do you have a "free" +x weapon you can get into the story a little deeper since your sword is supposed to have a specific mission. Magus Arcanas and using Fighter feats, you can really lay the hurt on.

S

Sunseeker

At level 15-16 you've got Heavy Armor so you can cast arcane spells with no problem in Full Plate and by then you have access to pretty much all the spells you can cast. Plus, with the Bladebound sword, not only do you have a "free" +x weapon you can get into the story a little deeper since your sword is supposed to have a specific mission. Magus Arcanas and using Fighter feats, you can really lay the hurt on.

Interesting, but it seems awfully close to the heavy-melee-centric builds I've played before.

I appreciate all the help guys, I think I've decided to go with the pretty straight-forward Urban Ranger build. It seems to just about all the bases I'm looking for and plays into a style that I've never done.

Not quite sure about feat selection though, I seem to have a lot more open feats than I need.

Burn_Boy

First Post
Interesting, but it seems awfully close to the heavy-melee-centric builds I've played before.

True. But you need to look at Spell Combat and Spellstrike to really see how the spell casting factors in.

But regardless, enjoy your ranger.

Remove ads