Help me make Alsandor

KDUBS

First Post
I'm planning an epic homemade campaign for the summer for some friends and I want it to be perfect. It's going to be an open world campaign, like skyrim or world of Warcraft but with the rules of DnD. Obviously I have a lot of story and thought behind it, plus history of the land and its people. Overall I think it's gonna be great! Only thing is when you give players a lot of freedom, they do stuff you would never expect. Stuff you just can't plan for, or so I've learned. I'm a master improviser but I do like to know what's going on in the world and have a little bit of a plan but I can't plan for the unexpected. And I can't plan for every possible outcome, that's a ton of work. So pretty much I was hoping I could share what's going to happen in the campaign step by step and I want you to tell me what you as a player would do :)

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

MonkeezOnFire

Adventurer
You're gonna murder a hobo?

Murderhobo is a derogatory term used to describe a certain set of behaviors of PCs. Basically, when players only seem to care about their character's stats and power and not the world or their character's place in it the character of that player tends to want to kill any creature it can in order to acquire xp. Since these players don't care about establishing connections to the world, their characters will often have no home and no friends and often have a dislike of established authority. The behavior is usually only seen in new players that don't have a good idea of what the game is about. All they are told is that in RPGs you can do anything so the stereotypical thing to do is act out an anti-establishment power fantasy.

KDUBS

First Post
Okay so if anyone's down, pretty much to summarize the history of the land. In ancient times the elves tried to kill all humans to cleanse the world of the parasite. Eventually a great Druid "convinced" the elves that there was greatness in humans so that war ended. Eventually the humans gathered in numbers and started to create an empire under king Darius who quickly built a large empire. Eventually spreading his empire into elven territory. The elves did not like this and King Darius did not care and did not back out. The elves declared war and King Darius used the wood from the elven trees to fuel his war on the elves which lasted year. But after years of fighting the elves numbers had dwindled. The elves surrendered and left, leaving only a few behind, the rest left for seclusion around the land.
Other than the elves there are dwarves. And if the dwarves aren't drinking themselves to sleep they're in their mountains making marvelous creations. In fact they're so caught up with what they're doing the only time they're ever seen is when they make trade with the humans. Which is a very mutual relationship.

KDUBS

First Post
Oh yeah the orcs, during the wars some elves were be captured, tortured and experimented on. Eventually mutating the elves with human magic making them extraordinarily strong and easy to reproduce for all it take is magical means to make a full grown orc. With that the orcs made excellent slaves to the empire... In some ways it could be argued that orcs are the secret to the humans success, because humans reap all the benefits of the orcs labor. Also because this you'll never see a human city that's not "well off"

KDUBS

First Post
That's the history of the land. I will try to start the campaign in one of the human cities. Where about 85% of the population is human then the other 13% are either dwarves or elves then the last 2% would be some weird race like a gnome, Yordle, tiefling, etc... so because of this I would allow my players to be a weird race if they gave a strong backstory, or if they wouldn't have fun unless they were one of those races. Other than that it would be logical to assume they were human (although I was thinking about rolling the 100% die to randomly see)

KDUBS

First Post
Same! since Lord of the Ring haha
Anyways with that being the history of the land, pick who your character would be. (I'll note that warlocks are extremely hated in this land and druids have prejudices towards them just because of elven history. Other than that everything else is okay)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases