• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me name my Kobold Sorcereress!

Aus_Snow

First Post
Ashl'via
Quirinn
Ssahlinkeh
Khorensha
Shen'kolyss

I don't really know what kobold names are meant to be like, and me, I tend to use generators mostly, but anyway, hope these might be useful for something, even if not for this. :\

Turanil

First Post
Buttercup said:
Turanil said:
Droghluzaniniedovola
How do you pronounce that?
Precisely, it is impossible to pronounce, at least for a kobold. Fact is, the higher a kobold is in the hierarchy, the longer his/her name, as it conveys some meanings of importance and grandeur. The problem is that almost all of the kobolds simply call their mistress "Drogh", which invariably infuriates her. As such, she spends half of her life chastizing the kobolds for their lack of respect. In any case, if a stranger (like a PC) comes to pronounce her name correctly, he/she can only gain some benefit from that... :D

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I've always been a fan of little critters taking the names of stronger ones to sow confusion and make their little selves feel more fearsome.

So, in that vein...

"The Naga"

As in...
"Bind them! The Naga want them alive!"
"Now we take you see The Naga. She maybe decide you live."

Heck, maybe she's got a specialized version of disguise self that makes her look like the top 1/8 of a Naga sticking out of the swamp-water.

-- N

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Nifft said:
I've always been a fan of little critters taking the names of stronger ones to sow confusion and make their little selves feel more fearsome.

So, in that vein...

"The Naga"

As in...
"Bind them! The Naga want them alive!"
"Now we take you see The Naga. She maybe decide you live."

Heck, maybe she's got a specialized version of disguise self that makes her look like the top 1/8 of a Naga sticking out of the swamp-water.

-- N

I like it! I also like the idea of the unpronounceable name. Perhaps She could be "The Divine Naga" or "Her Terrible Naga-ness" or some silly thing like that, but her real name is Raknaulpolvestaptaisulqwisvesti.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Buttercup said:
I like it! I also like the idea of the unpronounceable name. Perhaps She could be "The Divine Naga" or "Her Terrible Naga-ness" or some silly thing like that, but her real name is Raknaulpolvestaptaisulqwisvesti.

"Dracimeepastiltskin the Naga" -- shortened to "The Naga" when anyone's in a hurry, or lazy, or a Kobold (which implies the previous two).

If there's a real naga around, perhaps they refer to the Sorceress as "Our Naga" or "the Swamp Naga". Maybe they call her "The Naga" because she gets her spells from a real naga, who's somewhere in the swamp nearby (within a day's scuttle).

-- N

Turanil

First Post
Reading those last posts, I suddenly get the urge to run an adventure involving lazy stupid kobolds in a swamp with their leader with an unpronounceable name shortened in "The Naga", but while there is a real naga around, etc.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads