• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me name my store

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
I had done alot of research into opening a store myself. I was thinking of using the name:

The Gaming Element

I don't know what the exact appeal of this name was to me, it just sounded right.

Another vote to reconsider your opposition to CCGs.

I've been reading this thread with interest. Who doesn't dream of opening a game store?

But to get to my point, I think you should seriously reconsider your opposition to stocking collectable card games (CCGs) like Magic and Pokemon. Selling CCGs can be a very nice stream of income that can allow you to fund your less profitable RPG sales.

Real life anecdote. Where I live, there was this crappy comics / sports cards shop. One day, a new owner bought out the old owner. The new owner started to stock Magic (in its fledgling days). Yup, he lucked into a great fad that's still going pretty strong. To this day his store is mobbed on Friday nights when he lets the kiddies in to play Magic. And guess what? They buy like crazy, too: singles, packs, comics, the occassional baseball card. Heck, they'd buy d20 stuff if he stocked it.

Now, he has chosen deliberately not to upgrade his store (it's still the same crappy store as the old days, just cleaner). But I know from talking to him that if he wanted to, he could afford a bigger store with more room for gaming (RPGs take up a lot more space than CCGs).

So think about it. Sell CCGs to make the money to fund your RPG dreams. I don't think you will regret being profitable.

Just my opinion....

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Dingleberry said:

Is there any such thing? :)

BTW, congrats on opening your own store. I wish I had the ioun stones to do it myself.

You know, this whole thread, along with the old "Lawyers on Enworld" thread, gave me an idea...

The comic book industry has the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund. http://www.cbldf.org/

Why doesn't the RPG industry have an RPG Legal Defense Fund?

Last edited:

Fast Learner

First Post
Adding "games" doesn't invalidate hardly any of the cool names without it.

Wizard's Workshop Games sounds great, if you ask me. Dorkshop Games does, too. Most all of them are fine with the word "games" added to the end.

jezter6

Explorer
LOL, Yes...it's the ONLY city in Northeast PA. That's why this is the only place to open it.

Like I said on the CCG thing...I probably will sell them, but I'm going to seriously hold back until I'm sure that they really will be my cash cow to fund my RPG dreams. :)

And again..no pokemon...ever.

Of course, I could very much benefit from the RPG Defense Fund. It would be great for us to be able to contribute to this fund in exchange for help. Unfortunately, i'm just starting up, and need help in that area as well...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads