D&D 5E Help Me Pick My Minotaur

Which minotaur is mine?

If you want an iconoclast, you could also go with a minotaur Diviner Wizard, named Medium Rary. Not too many minotaur wizards out there either. Plus, it's a name with some D&D history behind it!
That also gives you access to the double pun--his iconic quote could be, "It's a long way to tip a Rary!" With a meaningful glare at any bored looking rural teenagers.

Last edited:

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
RIP Minotaur Bard

So I've got some bad news (bad moos?).

After about four months of play, Kairam, the Minotaur Bard, has shuffled off this mortal coil and gone to join the big pasture in the sky.

I'm posting his final stats here for posterity, to memorialize what may be one of the only times anyone will actually see a minotaur bard played at an actual D&D table, with a straight face and a compelling story and even a bit of pathos. Since he would not be played without ENWorld, I feel like everyone here has some small part of him.

[sblock]
Neutral Good Minotaur Bard (College of Valor) Level 4
Background: Pirate
Personality: A stranger is a friend I haven't met yet, and I'm eager to be liked.
Ideal: Love. True love is real and always wins in the end.
Bond: The woman I regard as my True Love has married another against her will, but she has given up hope of being reunited.
Flaw: I'm kind of a man whore -- I've got a port for every storm.
Str 15
Dex 14
Con 13
Int 10
Wis 8
Cha 17
Skill Notes
Proficiency: Deception, Insight, Intimidation
Expertise: Athletics, Persuasion
Jack of All Trades
Spells
Cantrip: Blade Ward, Message, True Strike
1st: Charm Person, Heroism, Faerie Fire, Feather Fall, Unseen Servant
2nd: Suggestion, Calm Emotions
Story
Born on Taladas, Kairam lost his love to a rival in ritual combat and set out on the sea in an attempt to forget. He served aboard the infamous minotaur pirate vessel Wavereaver for a time, and after a "disagreement," left, but on fairly good terms. In his travels, he befriended a fellow sailor from Taladas named Valen, a powerful spellcaster determined to join the Towers of High Sorcery. Thinking that this would be a great opportunity to see a continent that didn't already revile him, he joined his new friend.

His adventures took him to Thorbardin, where he reunited the Hammer of Kalas with the dwarven people, and was rewarded for his service with a sword named Agland Zan, a magical longsword made to fell evil dragons, forged of reddish steel.

He helped Valen find the last remaining Tower of High Sorcery, and was killed in service to his friend, helping him to pass the test in the tower. His last word was reportedly the name of his loved one...
[/sblock]

And of course his picture, which I am happy to say is a fairly sensible portrayal of what he looked like in my head. But a heads up for folks googling around for character pictures: "sexy minotaur" is NOT an awesome google search!

med.jpg

He was fun and I am sad to see him go!

But my vengeance on the DM is playing a tinker gnome wild sorcerer, so I think we'll be fine! :devil:

Last edited:

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I voted for Rogue Bull, so I'm just going to say "I told you so," even if I actually did nothing of the sort. ;)

But my vengeance on the DM is playing a tinker gnome wild sorcerer, so I think we'll be fine! :devil:
Ooooh. That's asking for trouble; i like it.

"Vengeance is mine, sayeth the DM." evil4.gif

The idea of the gnomish wild sorcerer both fascinates and terrifies me.

I'll also let you know that I absolutely hate it when bad die rolls kill a character...I truly feel bad about Khairam...

Rune

Once A Fool
It was a mooving service, though. Even if the preacher did milk it for all it was worth. And don't worry about the deceased. I'm sure when he grazed into the eyes of death, he cudn't have been more dignified.

By the way, what are they serving at the wake? It smells delicious! Is that steak?

Remove ads