• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me pick some feats for my cleric

somecallmetim

First Post
I am playing in an Eberron game and the DM has decided to simplify the game. We are going from anything WOTC goes to the 3 core books plus the Eberron CS book. I have no problems with his decision, but I'm finding myself having to replace 2 of my feats for sure (Divine Metamagic & Augment Healing) and deciding whether to keep the 3rd (Extend Spell).

I'd appreciate some input on feats. Our party lacks in the frontline areas, so I often find myself in melee, but I can't decide if its worth it to take Power Attack and Cleave. I also thought about taking the feat from ECS that changes action points from a d6 to a d8. While we haven't exactly taken any downtime yet (no real need) I think we could, so item creation feats aren't out of the question either.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tim

Kae'Yoss

First Post
If you want it to be a frontline cleric, power attack and cleave aren't that bad. Combined with divine favour, divine power and righteous might, you will deal out punishment divne ;)

Thanee

First Post
Power Attack and Cleave are both very good feats for frontline fighters, including clerics.

Weapon Focus can also be considered, or with the right attributes (high Str, Int 13+), Combat Expertise and Improved Trip. Especially nasty with Righteous Might.

Extent Spell is quite nice at some levels (10th+ mostly), especially with the 1h/level spells, which you can then cast with your free slots (leaving some slots free is almost always a good idea) in the evening hours, then in the morning regain those slots to have them available again.

Quicken Spell is also a good idea from 9th level onwards. A quickened Divine Favor can make quite a difference and does not cost an action to turn on. Later you will even be able to quicken better buffs and immediately wade into combat.

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
KaeYoss said:
I hope not. That would be a really disgusting spell component.

Hey, there's already a Cancer Mage . . . who knows, I'm sure someone will come up with some bizzare idea involving Jubilex, Ooze, and some sort of summoned creature that rises up out of the vomit.

ackron

First Post
A couple of comments

The feat from the ECS that lets you use d8s instead of d6s is very good once you start rolling 2 dice for action points (IIRC that happens at level 8 or 9). The combination of 2 dice and that feat is worth about +2-+3 to all your saving throws which is a real bargin for a feat.

Another good feat from the ECS is the one that lets you spend two APs to get another standard action in a round. That feat is espically good for spellcasters, as it lets you cast a second spell in a single round. The BAB requirement is +3 or +4 though, so I am not sure if you qualify.

Power Attack is less good for classes that don't have fighter BAB progression, although it is still probably necessary somewhere along the line.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads