Help me with my Psy War/ Fighter build

Deekin

Adventurer
Also, if your DM allows third party materials, check out Dreamscarred Press's Untapped Potential. It has some great psionic material, including 2 PRCs, the Enlightened Protector and the Knight Meditant, for psi-wars.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

Shellman

First Post
Angellis_ater said:
Just a note, the PrC everyone is referring to is the Illithid Slayer - available for 'free' at www.d20srd.org as the "Slayer" Prestige Class.

Other suggestions for the Half-Giant - a Large Deepcrystal Greatsword allows you to do 3d6 + 1.5 x Str bonus as your normal damage, while you can expend focus for +2d6/+4d6 with Psionic Weapon/Greater Psionic Weapon, spend 1pp for +2d6 damage (Deepcrystal) and add to this with Expansion.

My suggestion for a 1st lvl PsyWar would be Psionic Weapon (feat) and if you don't go the path of Armor buffs (Inertial Armor/Force Screen) I'd suggest Expansion as a 1st lvl power. Reach and 4d6 base damage with that sword is HARSH for 1st lvl.

Is that Deepcrystal in XPH or Comp Psionics?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Shellman said:
Is that Deepcrystal in XPH or Comp Psionics?

Deep Crystal is in the SRD.

If I may suggest, your caster (manifester) level and your power points available are much more important than an extra feat or two. Why? Because your powers focus on self-buffing, and having your buffs easily dispelled really sucks.

I'd rather waste a feat getting in to Slayer (and lose a few more feats later) for the extra BAB if I really wanted that 4th attack at 20th level. But I wouldn't bother with the extra attack. (Will you even get the attack, since you'll have LA +1? Is there any reason to bother with Fighter at all?)

Cheers, -- N

hanniball

First Post
Nifft said:
I'd rather waste a feat getting in to Slayer (and lose a few more feats later) for the extra BAB if I really wanted that 4th attack at 20th level. But I wouldn't bother with the extra attack. (Will you even get the attack, since you'll have LA +1? Is there any reason to bother with Fighter at all?)

Cheers, -- N

Yes you'll bet the fourth iterative attack by ECL 20. I presented a build in post #7. The fighter level is there to get into IS as soon as possible (Ranger would do just fine though).

Either way...just my 2 cp

Rolflyn

First Post
hanniball said:
While, normally, an excellent suggestion, you seem to have forgotten about the Half-Giant/Duergar's +1 LA. This makes it very difficult to obtain 6th lvl powers and +16 BAB by 20th level.

Are you saying a Half-Giant Fighter 4/Psychic Warrior 16 does not have BAB +16 and four iterative attacks? That doesn't make any sense to me. I know the character would be ECL 21, but are your iterative attacks really capped like that.

Darklone

Rolflyn said:
Are you saying a Half-Giant Fighter 4/Psychic Warrior 16 does not have BAB +16 and four iterative attacks? That doesn't make any sense to me. I know the character would be ECL 21, but are your iterative attacks really capped like that.
Yupp. Epic rules.

Rolflyn

First Post
d20srd says

...the character’s base attack bonus does not increase after character level reaches 20th.

There is no mention of ECL. In fact the discussion of feats and attribute points discuss level and I'm sure they mean actual class level, not adjusted by LA. So why would BAB be any different.

Shellman

First Post
From the SRD:

Epic Attack Bonus
Similarly, the character’s base attack bonus does not increase after character level reaches 20th. However, the character does receive a cumulative +1 epic bonus on all attacks at every odd-numbered level beyond 20th, as shown on Table: Epic Save and Epic Attack Bonuses. Any time a feat, prestige class, or other rule refers to your base attack bonus (except for gaining additional attacks), use the sum of your base attack bonus and epic attack bonus.

Remove ads