Help, My players don’t know how to play.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
I try to refer my.. less mechanically inclined players to useful helping tools like https://critrole.com/filter/handbooker-helper/

I'm sure its much more entertaining to here a professional voice actor explain the basics of the game than to have me do it, or try to read it themselves.

If you are playing together in person you could consider watching one short video before each session.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
How about we hook up and discuss on discord and I would like some feedback and if you think they are good enough tools to share?

Because I’m not interested in Discord and I like to come to enworld for D&D advice and chat. :)

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I am also reading the chapters on skill use, combat and casting again. I am trying not to take anything for granted. Also the chapter titled adventuring. (IIRC)

If you’ve not seen it, check out Iserith’s action adjudication guide, it’s both excellent and entertaining. If you like it, consider sharing it with your players for play examples (there’s pdf download available somewhere on enworld).

Al'Kelhar

Adventurer
Okay, I'll bite. Why? What's wrong with dice towers?

I interpreted the OP as referring to a "tower-o-dice", i.e. dice stacked one on top of the other, such that they are liable to fall over, noisily, and scattering dice all over the table and floor, at the slightest bump or burp. Of course, those devices you drop your dice into the top of in order to roll them are also noisy and irritating...

Cheers, Al'Kelhar

Remove ads