• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help Name Our Party

Jack of Shadows

First Post
OK,

So my group is currently in the 2nd adventure of the Savage Tide AP and we can't come up with a name for our band of misfits. Here's the make up of the party, we're rather odd:

Killoren Ranger (Killorens are from Races of the Wild)
Lupin Binder (Lupins are from Dragon Compendium)
Dragonborn Dragon Shaman (Bronze)
Warforged Artificer (An ancient Olman construct)
Elan Erudite (Going Flayerspawn and already has one tentacle)
Human Druid (his Animal Companion is a Swindlespitter)

If you've got any suggestions at all please pipe in. Thanks.

Jack

Arkhandus

First Post
......The Freakshow? :heh: I kid, I kid. :\

And how's the Elan a Flayerspawn? Don't Elans' origin/nature kind of make that hard or impossible somehow? :confused:

The Forces of Nature?

The Savage Storm?

Wild Blades?

The Shock Troops?

Jungle Commandos?

Death Rattle?

.....Bloody Freaks?

......The Doomed Fellowship?

...........The Super Robeast Death Brigade?

:heh: :p :D

(Druid's Name) and Nature's Rejects.
(Warforged's Name) and the Fleshies.
Piratecat's Dirty Secret
House of Cards
the Legacy
the Legion
the Circle
the Elite Array
Nature's Wrath

-TRRW

Herobizkit

Adventurer
How about "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"? :)

That said, how about "The League of Abomination"? or "Knights of Atrocity"?

Honorable mention to the above poster for "Nature's Rejects". :)

Peni Griffin

First Post
Let them accomplish something, then name them after that. For instance - if they rescue a village from being overrun by ghouls, the grateful village claims them as honorary citizens and their names are ever-after associated with this deed, so they are the Oakdale Ghoulbashers; or they take down a colony of winter wolves and make cloaks of their pelts, becoming the White Company.

Crust

First Post
Peni Griffin said:
Let them accomplish something, then name them after that.
Great idea.

I suggest they decide on one place, magical item, lord, mentor, god, or some other thing that serves as something that binds them all together. That could act as the foundation of the name. Build around that. Their party name should not only identify them, but also explain a little about them as well. For example:

The Company of Grimstead: Named so for the vast dungeons they explored and conquered beneath Shadowdale's ruined Castle Grimstead.

Diamond Hawks: Hailing from Diamond Lake, they see themselves as a whole like a great hawk that "never misses its prey," as was the player quote. ;)

I don't recommend using the word "Misfit" in your party name. It will create false (or perhaps true) assumptions. You might want to come off as respectable rather than a group of rabble-rousers.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads