Help needed with a wizard PC background

d12

First Post
I feel fairly confident in my ability to construct a useful wizard build, but I need a bit of inspiration for a character background.

So, what are my character's motivations, tics, foibles, fears, story, etc..... Why is he out there hacking through jungles and crawling through dungeons instead of hunkered down in some library? The DM isn't going to build adventures around this, but I am going to base the way my character deals with situations off of this.

The system is Pathfinder. I'm not picky about race; I can make any of them work. If you can suggest traits, archetypes, spells, starting equipment or even feats that go along with this, that would be great. I don't need to totally optimize the character, but I am looking at wizard for every level and a high intelligence. Beyond that, anything goes. Thanks in advance.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Might be odd, but I've developed a wizard using the horimyo archetype (tattoo wizard). He's been exploring searching for unique tattoos and dungeon art that can be converted to tattoo designs. He's also got a yakuza boss with a death contract on the horimyo, so he's also not staying in one place for too long.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I feel fairly confident in my ability to construct a useful wizard build, but I need a bit of inspiration for a character background.

So, what are my character's motivations, tics, foibles, fears, story, etc..... Why is he out there hacking through jungles and crawling through dungeons instead of hunkered down in some library? The DM isn't going to build adventures around this, but I am going to base the way my character deals with situations off of this.

I built a 3.5Ed Ranger/Diviner based on this guy:
http://www.batmj.com/images/IDJ/IDJ_ROLA.JPG

I built a 4Ed Paladin/Sorcerer based on this guy:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2B8DG28y8vQ/UrxDMJMIIRI/AAAAAAAAN7o/vos6c7B3VyQ/s1600/kcn4.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads