• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help - New Blinding look?

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
I'd be interested to know why people don't like the black. I find this site is easier to read than most others.

There are a lot of interface elements, such as buttons, and images, that are still made to look good in black, even if the background is white. That will strain the eyes and create a dissonance with the reader.

I am not opposed to a white design, but it needs to be designed for white, not merely slapped on.

IMO and all that.

/M

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'd be interested to know why people don't like the black. I find this site is easier to read than most others.

Aside from how many of the other elements are designed for black, there's a very simple reason...

Most of the "legitimate" things one might be reading at work have a white background. White is camouflage!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Morrus;
My personal opinion on the 'light color sceame' is that it gives me a splitting headache. I see we have the option to return it, so if you keep it this way, I have the option of returning back to the dark order.

Jasperak

Adventurer
Aside from how many of the other elements are designed for black, there's a very simple reason...

Most of the "legitimate" things one might be reading at work have a white background. White is camouflage!

Doesn't work for storm troopers though. :p

Remove ads