Help - New Blinding look?

jeffh

Adventurer
Other predominantly-white sites aren't all blazing white, everywhere. There needs to be some contrast here and there. I'm not opposed to predominantly white colour schemes in general, but I'm very much opposed to this particular one.

Walking Dad

First Post
I just wanted to say that I prefer the black, but a second 'working' brighter color scheme as an alternative would be nice. Nearly everything white is a bit much...

Tilenas

Explorer
Thank the powers I'm back in black. And for the record, most of the sites I frequent are done in a black colour scheme: metalstorm, gamebanshee, ultimate guitar, you name it. You know, all kvlt and tr00, but also easier on the eyes, I think.

Orius

Legend
Complete mistake on my part.

But I might leave it for a few days and see what people think of it.

I switched it right back to black. I like the classic ENWorld look.

No problem with other skins if people prefer them though. I just don't want to use them. :)

Ashtagon

Adventurer
I had thought it was a server glitch that was causing the normal css to not load. Good to see it was merely a human error. I've switched it back to the normal black look now.

JRRNeiklot

First Post
Yeah, I can't stand the new white look. I'm going to complain about it as soon as I get my eyesite back. Doc says it could be any day now.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
It's worth noting that light text on black was very popular a decade or so ago (like when ENworld started), but that the majority of sites with a large amount of text have moved to dark text on a light background because it has greater legibility, especially on modern monitors and at smaller type sizes.

For those people who have said 'argh my eyes', I have to wonder where you go on the internet nowadays!

Also, as Umbran said, a black background isn't exactly the kind of thing which you are likely to be reading at work, so the stealth/disguise aspect is important for some people.

For people for whom the whole thing is too light, a scheme that put a darker colour or background behind all the threads would probably be more appealing. At one point in the past we had a 'PHB' theme, which was very much pale yellow and light brown and was quite appealing.

Cheers

Remove ads