Help - New Blinding look?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I think some of the reaction can stemmed from "change is bad".

Some, yes, but my retinas were BURNED, sir! I'm now reading & typing this on my iTouch by eBraille (*shhhh* don't think about it) while awaiting the arrival of some new retinas to transplanted from specially cultivated orangutans!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The bright background with dark text is certainly better to read on my tablet. Especially when sitting on th balcony with alot of ambient light on a bright sunny day.

Huh- I'll give that a try sometime when I'm stuck waiting for my mom to come out of the umpteenth store on the 3rd shopping trip of the week!

After several days of trying out the two options, I much prefer the original color scheme, and would love it if it were set as the default, because my campus's computers don't save cookies.

Siberys

Adventurer
The old theme is more consistent, too. If the white theme had the same level of care put into it, then it might be preferable, but as it is it just looks bad.

Walking Dad

First Post
The old theme is more consistent, too. If the white theme had the same level of care put into it, then it might be preferable, but as it is it just looks bad.

This. Also selecting some inter active parts turn them white = invisible on a white screen.

I prefer black, but bright is fine, but not just white without any consistent color scheme.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
You know why they say...once you've gone black, you never go back!*

* for backgrounds, of course- what did you think I meant?

Baumi

Adventurer
Will the color-sheme be fixed? It is in this state for quite a while now and it still looks like it the Website is "Under Construction" with nearly all the links just floating around.

I don't have anything against a brighter colore-sheme, but it needs to be worked over with some lines, alternate row-backgrounds or something, so that it looks more like it has some structure.

Remove ads