• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

help understanding abilities scores and weapons

aarduini

Explorer
In the fighter class description it says that certain weapons use different abilities, but in the power descriptions I don't see any indication of that. Am I missing something?

aarduini

Explorer
even that don't fit

most of the effects are based on the weapon but don't follow the ability model. the Silverstep ability has the pole arm effect using dex rather than wisdom which is listed for that weapon.

Bison

First Post
there are powers out there, one early one is crushing blow, level three attack power, if you wield a axe hammer or mace, you gain extra damage equal to your con modifer.

you also want to consider feat selection when you choose your stats. blades need more dex, while axes and hammers need more con.

Gloombunny

First Post
All fighter attacks are based on Strength. The other attributes come into play for secondary effects on a few powers and for feat prerequisites.

When they name Wisdom as the polearm attribute, it's really just because of Polearm Gamble, as far as I can tell. Each polearm is also part of a different group and uses that group's attribute too. So Silverstep works for longspears and glaives, but halberd users should probably pick a different power.

Larrin

Entropic Good
as far as i can tell only levels that end in 3 are (often) weapon specific for fighters and thats where you'll find the occasional non-STR stat being useful.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads