Help with a Dwarf Cleric build.

Unkabear

First Post
I am building a level 6 Dwarven Cleric of Moradin for a game and would like some advice. The rest of the party looks roughly like a Monk, Conjurer, a barbarian or sorceror, and an unknown that may be a rogue.

My stats are as

STR 15
DEX 10
CON 16
INT 13
WIS 16
CHA 14

As for feats the only one I am firm on is Augment Healing. I am leaning toward extra turning & Divine Metamagic, but I am flexible with those two.

Any help would be appreciated, Feats, Spells ect would be appreciated. No talk of equipment yet, but I would assume standard for level.

Darklone

You're a pretty good melee combatant with those stats, so I would think about Power Attack and Divine Might... If you could afford a CHAbooster. Think again about Augment Healing, you might be able to get Sacred Boost (mostly useful if there's another healer in the party) and Sacred Healing (Fast Healing 3 for everyone for just one turn attempt! Complete Divine), or use Divine Metamagic with the Empower feat... Extra Turning would be a no-brainer then.

Augment Healing would still be nice, but not necessary.

You might think about one fighterlevel... gives you an extra feat to spend on Power Attack, you'll get the dwarven waraxe & shield combo (since your str is not high enough to make twohanded weapons really worthwhile yet) and all for the loss of just one casterlevel...

PFitz44

First Post
currently playing that exact character that your looking for, expt lvl 3. Like stated b4, take a fighter lvl, and for the feat i picked weapon focus for a war hammer. Right now hes a Lvl 1 cleric, lvl 2 fighter. Tool the 2nd lvl in fighter for the 2 extra feets (toughness being one). Right now, this cleric is the bad boy of the group

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Augmented Healing is all my cleric's BFF (best friend feat, no forever).

6th level? Cure Serious: minimum 15 pts healing, avg. 25.5, max 36... awesome :)

Don't forget that's extra damage against undead too :)

Other feats, it really depends. if the "barbarian or sorcerer" goes with Sorcerer, then you'd be better off getting some more melee oriented feats to help the group out. If not, and you want to be more effective against undead, check out Libris Mortis for some good anti-undead feats...

Angerland

First Post
What domains did you choose? As stated before you have some good combat oriented stats, may as well make some use out of them. I second power attack and divine might. Having one good combatant is good, have two is even better.

Unkabear

First Post
I have not chosen my domains yet. Creation, Earth, Good, Law, and Protection are quite a lineup to choose from.

Edit: Good advice so far. Thank you everybody you have given me something to think about.

Remove ads