D&D 5E Help with backstory

Paul Smart

Explorer
Good evening everyone

I am trying to figure out why a Tortle would become a Celestial Warlock. Any ideas would be helpful, I am drawing a complete blank.

Thanks

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Maybe try thinking about it the other way. Why would a celestial make a warlock-style deal with a tortle?

Failing that, my shortcut when I'm working on a backstory for a warlock is someone is looking for a shortcut. If they're making a deal with a celestial, they're plausibly looking for a shortcut to being a hero.

Lenape from Native American myths and Chukwa from Hindu mythology are good places to potentially start. In both cases the ‘World Turtle’ supports the earth, and imparted wisdom to those that learned to listen.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Good evening everyone

I am trying to figure out why a Tortle would become a Celestial Warlock. Any ideas would be helpful, I am drawing a complete blank.

Thanks

To save your tribe. Celestial intervened after your deal and saved your tribe but in return you had to leave to adventure so you could grow stronger until he called on you again.

Bawylie

A very OK person
One hot summer day while out fishing, a tortle noticed a glint in the riverbed. Swimming down to grab the shiny treasure, the tortle heard a voice as from nowhere.

“Treat with Me.”

The tortle pulled at the glimmering treasure, disturbing a cloud of river sand, and again the voice said, “Treat with Me.”

Blinking, considering, the tortle held a thin gold chain that encircled an ampoule, sealed and ensorcelled, all wonder and malice.

“An ye treat with Me, then shall ye keep and bear my pow’r. No mountain shall bar you nor river drown you. Mortalkind shall fall to worship at thy knees. And in payment thou seek’st My liberation from this Ampoule.”

The tortle blinked, considering.

Remove ads