Here are my 3 Character Ideas. Tell me what you think

bardolph

First Post
General note: need to specify subclasses, and cleric deity. My assumption: Archer, Inspiring, Moradin (?)

1. Looks fine to me. You may want to consider Half-Elf, so you can pick up Piercing Strike as an At-Will (Dex vs Reflex is very nice)

2. There are much better feats than Defensive Mobility. Consider Enlarged Breath or Toughness. Otherwise, good.

3. I question the Ability distribution. While it's possible to dump STR, it will severely restrict your choice of powers. Take at least a 10, so you can melee in a pinch without the -1 to attack and damage. Also, why pump CON so much? None of your abilities are keyed off of CON. I would take: St:13 Co:12 Dx:10 In:8 Wi:20 Ch:13.

Balgus

First Post
Maybe its just me, but maxing out one stat relies hevily on other members of the party to protect you. You can do what you do well... but taken out of your element and you drown.

I would like to be a little more self sufficient. It just seems a little more realistic for an adventurer - epesically on a heroic path - to be able to survive on his own...

Danceofmasks

First Post
Melee pinch = fail ... swing & miss is < taking an AO with reliable laser.
If you must attack in melee, you can use close powers (they don't provoke) or shift first.
At worst, take the AO!
Especially for elven laser clerics, shifting (wild step ignoring dif terrain) and blasting is just full of pretty.
Think "archer/healer", not "cleric" as in 3e.

Remove ads