D&D 5E Here Are The Races In The New Eberron Book

According to WotC's Jeremy Crawford, the following eight races appear in Eberron: Rising from the Last War.

ECWPIdDU4AIpBse.jpg

Official versions of previous playtest races: Warforged, Changelings, Kalashtar, Shifters.

Playable versions of: Goblins, Bugbears, Hobgoblins, Orcs.

He goes on to clarifiy that "The playable orc in "Eberron" is a bit different from the orc in "Volo's Guide to Monster's." The playable goblinoids in "Eberron" use the same traits as the ones in "Volo's."

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
I for one don't like reprinting material. I think its lazy. But, I get why they do it. Wayfinders probably sold rather well for a pdf and on D&D Beyond but the market was very small. Expand that to a larger market (amazon) and you get a new audience ... which needs that material. You can't make a new book and say hey go buy the PDF for the player options, and buy this other book for the other races.

You most likely will never use Wayfinder's again but if its in D&D Beyond that might be okay?

Keeping in mind that the success of Wayfinder's was most likely an influence on a full-fledged book getting published. The whole, "vote with your dollar.". If we hadn't bought Wayfinder's last year, we might not be seeing Eberron today.

Also, races (including dragonmarks) will be the only things reprinted - I think everything else is unique to Wayfinder's. The descriptions of Eberron nations will be different/expanded, different magic items, different Sharn "gazeteer," and not the cool alternative rules.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Keeping in mind that the success of Wayfinder's was most likely an influence on a full-fledged book getting published. The whole, "vote with your dollar.". If we hadn't bought Wayfinder's last year, we might not be seeing Eberron today.

Also, races (including dragonmarks) will be the only things reprinted - I think everything else is unique to Wayfinder's. The descriptions of Eberron nations will be different/expanded, different magic items, different Sharn "gazeteer," and not the cool alternative rules.

The magic item stuff might get ported over, since they tested it. But the Unearthed Arcana articles represent a small part the original book.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
And here we go again. Page 1 and already way off topic. Why is it when Wizards brings out product A certain people have to get on here and say, 'Why aren't they bringing out product B. I prefer product C.' etc. Debate those in other forums. Can't forums about one particular product stay about that product? Sheesh.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
And yes... another thread about product A but people hijack for the products they want to see. Nothing to contribute on THIS product.
Sure hoping the moderators start changing things here. Used to love the ENWorld forums. :(

R_J_K75

Legend
I've run Planescape in 5E with minimal work; just had to fit Factions into the 5E rules, and folks have already done that work for me. (Alternative) Only think missing is psionics, which I've never cared about that much, anyway, and there are DMsGuild releases plus the Mystic class that cover enough of that anyway.

Dark Sun is definitely a little harder, I'd imagine.

Ive been running a Dark Sun game last couple of months. I too did next to no conversion. My players arent too familiar with the setting so that helped. I think its more about capturing the feel of a setting rather than worrying too much about mechanics. I used psionics but very limited. Psionics after 2E just felt tacked on as just another form of magic. At least in 2E you knew you were in trouble if you ran into a Mind Flayer and werent at least a wild talent in any game outside of DS as you had no defense against them. Regardless I think its more about working with what you have instead of worrying about whats missing.

Does Crawford state which Shifters we are getting in the book? I know there's several different "breeds", but I think in the 4e Eberron book they only gave you two types.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Does Crawford state which Shifters we are getting in the book? I know there's several different "breeds", but I think in the 4e Eberron book they only gave you two types.

Nope, very bare bones information so far. They probably won't ratchet up the information game on this until after the Baldur's Gate adventure is in the market.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases